The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bob 'Bobser' Burns on Radio (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
I have just posted up this clip of our very own Bobser doing a wonderful job of mind reading on Radio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBllSoKyAhE

Enjoy

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Good job Bob, love radio mentalism!
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Smile welldone bob!
xxx
Rory Raven
View Profile
Special user
Providence, RI
514 Posts

Profile of Rory Raven
Nice one!

Rory
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -- Groucho Marx
visit www.roryraven.com today!
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1238 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
Bob sent, me a copy of this just after it came out - and I thought it was knockout! SO glad to hear this up and others benefiting from it.

The only problem with this is that you will all - like me - hear Bobser's postings on The Café, inside your head, in the thick rich voice and accent!

Well done Boab!

Drew
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Very well done,loved it
Twitter @darjames
Aaron Little
View Profile
Loyal user
Lexington KY
263 Posts

Profile of Aaron Little
Awesome. It was rather inspiring to me. I really enjoyed it.
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Bobser loved your interview! Your totally relaxed,laid back and very entertaining to listen to Smile Like you have been doing radio for years! Smile I havent a clue how you got so much info with Scott.Really well done...it comes off as the real deal.

The metal bending was genius Smile The wording you used was perfect,created the perfect illusion and the climax with Scott's fork breaking in half was the perfect ending..you can actually hear it hit the table..Perfect! Smile

Well done Great work!

Pete
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Yeah I will upload that too. The full clip was over 10 minutes - too long for YT - so I will have to cut off the beginning. Some strange noises emanating from Bob as he bends that spoon.

Ant
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
muse
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
925 Posts

Profile of muse
Very nice. I particularly liked the quick thinking when mention was made of the 'viewers', but which was then brought within the narrative by saying that people would be seeing it as you were saying it - brilliant.
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Congrats bob!

(and thanks Anthony for posting!)
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
T-shirts for Magicians and Mentalists
Photo-Wizard
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester
141 Posts

Profile of Photo-Wizard
It is indeed bloody genius!

Bob was far more accurate and came across better on the radio than many so called "genuine" Psychics!

Well done

Stuart
numberjay
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of numberjay
Very inspiring, thanks for posting.

Numberjay
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
There seems to be a lot of radio appearances from member of the Café. Pete Carrol sent me one yesterday. Which is good fun.

Wouldn't it be a good idea if there was a webpage where they could all be uploaded?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
You fae glasgae? you have a fantastic voice bobser!

I think "voice" is an important thing in mentalism...

excellent work - and the dj sounds a bit of plum to me...

Bugger!
I've asked to be banned
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Congratulations Bob. I remember we chatted about this ages ago. You did good my friend. Smile
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1065 Posts

Profile of sbays
That was masterful! Very believable and flowed very nicely.
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
I don't know... as an American he completely lost me. Stick with the band, Bob. Smile
Logan Five
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1434 Posts

Profile of Logan Five
You could really tell the person was totally impressed and dumbfounded when bobser hit on " Alec ". Nice job!
Self concept is destiny..
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Thanks Anthony for taking the trouble to post this for me (As you know I find technical stuff extremely technical). And thank you all for your very kind comments. It's an open forum so I can't tip the method but will happily answer any queries in PM's with regard to method and where/who the idea came from for that particular clip. As you heard the poor lad nearly passed out (LOL).
That was the first time I'd done any form of mentalism on the radio and both Banachek and Drew are correct in so much as it is much easier than TV when you take into consideration that you're NOT being 'watched'(literally)and the DJ is doing a plate spinning job at the same time (NOT literally). Albeit there were lots of people looking through the glass windows, who perhaps thought that I kept touching myself innapropriately at times. Ssssshhhhh!
When I first entered the studio I was immediately told that there was someone on the phone line and they'd like me to do something with them and they'd like it to take place in 3 mins if possible. I did feel slightly nervous as I had a NW in my pocket with a very wobbly lead and you can hear me waffling like a fishwife as I try and buy time to get the bl--dy thing on and then am aware I have to finish within a certain time cos' somebody from Fareham called Piper wanted to hear Sade sing Slave Song (which I remember thinking was quite kinky and put me off slightly)for Gary from Port Solent within the next 2 minutes!
Then I was asked to do some spoon bending which I think, considering it's on radio, actually went down great. The DJ was wonderfully vocal. We finished off with guessing what someone had earlier purchased from the shop and had there and then in their pocket.
What was also interesting was the fact that the DJ had no experience in dealing with a mentalist. It was planned that I'd spend 20 mins with him on his show but I ended up being there for 1 hour 15 mins, till the show ended in fact (a lot of it quite boring to be honest).
The bottom line is this: It was a great experience and I learned a lot. I'm, forever telling younger entertainers about KNOWHOW & ACTIVITY KNOWLEDGE. I had knowhow before I did this, but no specific activity knowledge linked to the genre of radio (hope this makes sense). But now that I have that activity knowledge I'm looking forward to do more.
Cheers,

bobser
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bob 'Bobser' Burns on Radio (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL