The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Carnivale / HBO (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Skeleton
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
271 Posts

Profile of Skeleton
Hello, let me first express my deep admiration of all you Sideshow-Performers - I take my head off to to all of you and your courage (which I would probably not be able to ante up, I am afraid I am coward when it comes to ervything physical)! I simply love it that the sideshow is for the last years having such a comeback and therefore attracting a lot of new and very interesting faces.

As I am starting to collect DVD'S and Books about Sidehow's now and then I stumbled across this HBO-series "Carnivale", and as - of course - it did not yet air on German television and the sellers description is also of course full of praise I would like to know if this one is worth getting/watching?

Thank you for your estimations.
To infinity, and beyond!
Addy
View Profile
Loyal user
NY
243 Posts

Profile of Addy
It was a really cool show, but at times kind of difficult to grasp. It was a shame that HBO pulled it so quickly.
Worth the watch.
MagiciennesUnlimited
View Profile
Regular user
of the phrase 'Bite Me'.
197 Posts

Profile of MagiciennesUnlimited
It's pretty accurate in it's lingo, attitude, and look of the old carnival. I believe Johnny Meah was a consultant.

It took me about 5 episodes to get into it, but I did, and was enthralled.

Buy it!
Sia Synn
www.siasynn.com

"Pain solves everything" -Russ Fox's T-Shirt
jondark445
View Profile
Special user
717 Posts

Profile of jondark445
LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT....was sorely disappointed that it was taken of the air after what was surely a cliff hanger of an ending...and just as disappointed in its creator, Donald Knaupf (?) who refused to continue the story in any other medium such as novels or graphic novels. But a great show with a GREAT, GREAT cast.

--Tony
Mr. Pitts
View Profile
Inner circle
David Pitts
1054 Posts

Profile of Mr. Pitts
I looked forward to every episode and was very disappointed when it was cancelled. HBO pulled it because even though it was getting decent ratings after a weak start, it was a very expensive show to produce. In the second season they got the show's creators to pick up the pace, but I liked it's original slow, riveting wander through the dustbowl, no particular hurry to reveal the mysteries, just a glimpse at a time. Man I loved that show. It seemed fairly authentic, and I appreciated that, but I really just loved the characters and the feel and the ever so slowly unfolded story.
David Pitts
The Astonishing Mr. Pitts
Comedy Magician and Ventriloquist
http://www.mrpitts.com
Cholly, by golly!
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of Cholly, by golly!
I think Clancy Brown and Robert Knepper were the best things about that series.

Too many loose ends after Season 2 though.

It deserved a better send-off.
Randini
View Profile
New user
U.S.A.
57 Posts

Profile of Randini
They seem to always cancel the good ones!
The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
Yea...I'll never forget the Last episode of "Hee-Haw" ....BR 549..Jr. Samples..Now there was a Pitchman!
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
"If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all....."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeDX6ESys10
jondark445
View Profile
Special user
717 Posts

Profile of jondark445
Clancy Brown was AWESOME in Carnivale. His voice alone was magnificent....and the tattoo he had was great....what a great show that was.

--T
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Carnivale / HBO (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL