The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Warbler: Café links (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5109 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
Wow! Got anything on "Whirly-Twirly Birds".....?
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5109 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Nothing on the Café. I think I remember them.

Never could figure out the warbler, but they always seemed so cool.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Used to get a packet from these,,,but cos some *** kid swallowed one they are banned over here.
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

They were on a string tied to a stick and when you swung it around the Wings spun and it made a whistling sound, The only problem was they didn't come made up...So you would have to make 'stock' everyday....last time I saw them was in the '80's
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
I love warblers...I am not the best with them but they are still a lot of fun.
G
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
833 Posts

Profile of Rotten
I used to sell those like crazy when I was a kid working in a magic shop. I could keep one in my mouth all day. I would not show them what it was or how I was doing it and sold them in an envelope with instructions. The secret is told when the trick is sold. I used them while doing sponge balls or cups and balls as a Tah Dah kind of thing. I could also talk with them back then. I haven't played with one in years.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2906 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Birdy is the best made one out there. The rest are made of paper and you can't find a good worker. The old timers that used to pitch them (Flosso, Walter DeLenz, Bobby Reynolds) would work a swazzle and sell a warbler.

As for the Whirly Twirly, I had one when I was a kid. Got it at a Ringling show. And got a "chameleon" from the bug man. That was a nice racket. Sell the lizard cheap and mark up the meal worms. The bug man passed a few years ago.
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

My favorite Novelty as a Kid was the "Whip'...But my mother wouldnt let buy one, It was a Blessing in Disquise, "She would of ended up using it on me!"
Evel Knievel

dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4415 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
A-Men to that brother - I hear ya!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Warbler: Café links (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL