The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Your favorite routines (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

CamisBoss
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of CamisBoss
Hey guys, I was just wondering what some of your favorite routines might be that involve a [. You see, I just ordered a schoolcraft set of morgans, and I'm pretty excited about getting them. It would be great if we made a compilation of all the best routines. I guess I'll start off:

CoinOne
CoinTwo
Shadow Coins
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13397 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Doug Brewers' Coins Accross from Unexpected Visitor 2.

It's the best plot of any coins across I've seen.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I'm really not a coin guy, but am getting more into it. It wasn't too long ago that I could watch about 10 minutes of coin magic before I was bored stiff. I have 2 go to pieces I use all the time. Charming Chinese Challenge by Troy Hooser, and Roth's Shell Coins Across. Both get wonderful reactions every time.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Oops, just saw you were asking for routines that use a [. That would cancel out CCC.
Ocha
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Ocha
My vote is for coins through the table, J.B. Bobo version with a shot glass. It's a classic and I always got great reactions with it.

Gerald
I was Me but now He is gone.......
Detlef
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
156 Posts

Profile of Detlef
Doug Brewer`s Chariots of fire and Ammars Matrix.
Detlef
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
156 Posts

Profile of Detlef
Sorry, wrong answer, you`ve asked for a.........
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4840 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
I have a TON Of stuff useing one! Stop me when you see one you like! Smile
My Open Travelers routine from my Coinjurer DVD and Japan notes is the one I do the most for Layman!
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
I would say the standard ] routine is Roths ]'d coins across.

Shawn
Shawn.
vpatanio
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of vpatanio
I have a lot of fun joining Homer Liwag's Cointwo with Gary Jones' GJ 3 fly. I don't know if others here with more experience would say this is the best, but I really enjoy it.

-Vinny
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
As always, any routine which physically and mentally involves the spectators and places me on their side.

I started with Paul Gertner's coin to the spectators hand, studied Derek Dingle's one (but I don't feel safe with the purse palm either because of my "windows" or if I squeezed too tight the coin sometimes falls - and yes I tried several types of coins). Finally I designed my own routine with the hands seemingly never touching one another (the big weakness of David Roth's coins across routine).

Then I offer an (alleged) ancient double facer made to order for a cheat and found in an antique shop, which can show either the double face or the double tail without switch but it's easy not to get caught because the second coin (I'm using only a flipper in one hand) cannot be seen because I (allegedly still) can switch it without anyone seeing it. And if they want to see the other hand they'll see only a Chinese coin and a centavo (I'm using my S/C/B set for the right hand). The routine is set so that theey can help me in holding the coins as the routine goes along (a nicer way than asking them to examine the coins, which they do anyway in this routine).

Then I use my chameleon skin purse routine which is a purse frame routine where up to seven coins appear as I'm getting help from a spectator (without having to go to my pockets) holding the purse frame open.

I sometimes offer a routine derived from Al Schneider's Chink A Chink with Dean Dill and Doug Conn technique but the coins are lined up in reverse T formation and go one by one towards the spectators.

The last routine I do is a distant variant from Tommy Wonder's Counterfeit coins. A really magical effect brilliantly described in Spectacle by Stephen Minch and in the Books of Wonder (probably the best coin routine on the market)

My Cylinder and Coins which is still under (very advanced) construction. It works with a solid metal napkin ring and the coins magically stacking into the ring are heard arriving. They are shown half way through (two coins with my wedding band on top) and at the end (five coins with my wedding band still on top). I owe credit to many magicians for this one. David Roth, John Carney, Curtis Kam, Michael Rubinstein, Gaetan Bloom come to mind but David Neighbors on one had aand Kent Gunn on the other have indirect responsibility as well...

My pillbox routine which is a hinged Boston Box with a closing device and that seem to steal precious coins whenever I visit my numismatic. Since the guy is a friend I have to force the box to give the coins back to my friend...

I do like Homer Liwag's Coin Two but have not worked a script involving the audience for it as yet .

I love watching David Roth, Mickey Silver, Dean Dill, Mike Gallo, Johnny Thompson, Eric Jones, Tim Feher, Shoot Ogawa and Apollo Robbins, Marion Brodkin, Reed McLintock, Rannie "The Boss" from Philippines, Kainoa Harbottle (for his phenomenal technique and despite his mildly arrogant attitude), Doug Brewer and some others that I'm forgetting...
I also love watching over and over again the videos of my late friend Al Goshman with his salt shakers, teh footage of my late master Tony Slydini and the ones of Andrew Galloway on Ramsay
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Quote:
On 2009-03-27 03:29, Ocha wrote:
My vote is for coins through the table, J.B. Bobo version with a shot glass. It's a classic and I always got great reactions with it.

Gerald

... which is Milton Kort routine. Have you seen Dean Dill's variant of it?
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
Ocha
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Ocha
Lawrence,
No I have not seen Dean Dill's variant, where can this be seen, I love this effect it has always killed, I'm very interested to see what changes Dean has made.
Which book or DVD do I now have to seek?

Thanks,

Gerald
I was Me but now He is gone.......
rickreation
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of rickreation
My favorite is in Barrie Richardsons Act Two called "But There's More," I believe.

Unbelievable mental routine that plays big for stage!
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
970 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
On 2009-03-27 18:49, vpatanio wrote:
I have a lot of fun joining Homer Liwag's Cointwo with Gary Jones' GJ 3 fly. I don't know if others here with more experience would say this is the best, but I really enjoy it.

-Vinny

Hi Vinny,

This is a great combination and I too have played around with both. Iain Moran has a great idea on his Covert Magic DVD which I've now added to the above - When all the coins have vanished and you cleanly show your hands empty (which they really are) you look at the audience then look back at your hands (do a double take) and all the coins have returned. The gimmick Iain employs only take seconds to make and works like a dream. You will need to invest in more (3) silver dollars but it's certainly worth the extra expense IMO.

Please feel free to PM me for more details.

Kind regards,

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - Life's a Beach Vol 1.
MortenN
View Profile
Veteran user
Norway
338 Posts

Profile of MortenN
Quote:
On 2009-03-27 00:34, Frank Starsini wrote:
Doug Brewers' Coins Accross from Unexpected Visitor 2.

It's the best plot of any coins across I've seen.

????
It's no coin across on this DVD???

David Roth's coin across is always nice, but I will also recommend Dan Harlan's "Rising Dough" and Mark Leveridge's "Slo Mo". (two great, but a little different [ routines)
You will find them all three on "The secrets of EXPANDED SH**LS" from World Greatest Magic.

-Morten-
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17072 Posts

Profile of joseph
Anything by Dean Dill that uses one...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Quote:
On 2009-06-14 06:53, MortenN wrote:

David Roth's coin across is always nice, but I will also recommend Dan Harlan's "Rising Dough" and Mark Leveridge's "Slo Mo". (two great, but a little different [ routines)
You will find them all three on "The secrets of EXPANDED SH**LS" from World Greatest Magic.

-Morten-

thanks for the tip Morten. I have a few expanded shell sets, but really don't use them. I just ordered this DVD. Looks like some good material!
Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
MortenN
View Profile
Veteran user
Norway
338 Posts

Profile of MortenN
Quote:
On 2009-06-14 11:49, Sammy J. wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-06-14 06:53, MortenN wrote:

-Morten-

thanks for the tip Morten. I have a few expanded shell sets, but really don't use them. I just ordered this DVD. Looks like some good material!
Sammy

It's my pleasure Sammy, hope you also like it. We have all different favorites. Smile

-Morten-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Your favorite routines (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL