The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » New Box - I Love it! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
I Have a number of different shows, and storing the props is a problem for me. I have a nice suitcase table, and thought of buying smaller ones for my other shows. The problem is suitcase tables are expensive. Well, I solved the problem. I only need the table for one show, and I found a "Stanley Mobile Work Center" at Wally's World.

The top is a standard tool chest and the bottom is side opening storage for larger props. It stands about 4 inches shorter than my suitcase table (unopened). It has LARGE wheels and a hauling handle. The back is flat, and a poster goes nicely on it. It is plastic, which makes it light, but you can count on replacing it every year or two (my guess). The best part is it is only $22!

After a little search, I found a number of nice mobile storage boxes that will save me a small fortune. No they don't replace a suitcase table, and their quality varies, but their price is unbeatable.

http://www.stanleytools.com/default.asp?......ING+WORK

I hope you enjoy this as much as I do!
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
For the price it is perfect... I am just not a fan of the Plastic look. I like the suitcase table just because it looks more professional. I guess if you dress this up a bit it might work. just my 2 cents
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
I use that same rolling tool box for my sound equipment. I use the bottom for power cords & a multi-plug. I use the top for my wireless mics, my small show sound system, Ipod, docing station, etc. The small compartments in the top works well for batteries, cable ties, etc.

It is a great chest regardless of how you use it...
From the Encouraging Magic of...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
MagicB1S,

Yes, the suitcase table weighs a million pounds, and I have put larger wheels on it, as well as replaced the hinges and the locks and cost what, $600+ my labor and $45 in replacement parts?. I still use mine constantly.

Maybe I am getting old, weak & cheap, but I groan inside when I have to haul that table up 2-3 flights of narrow stairs . . . .

You can put the speaker cloth over the plastic, and the audience wont see the difference, or as I plan, put another poster on it.
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
I agree the suitcase table weighs a ton, as I said I think if you dress it up as it sounds like your going to do I think it will work just fine.And for the price you can't go wrong
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
ColinDymond
View Profile
Special user
Gloucestershire, England
675 Posts

Profile of ColinDymond
I have new flight case that I use. They are fantastic and should last years I had one specially made for my requirements. The down side they are big and heavy. I went to a church hall the other week and they said the party's up there pointing to a narrow, stone , spiral staircase!!!! I found another way in but it was touch and go!
Red Shadow
View Profile
Inner circle
1788 Posts

Profile of Red Shadow
I buy mine from the local magic auction. They go anywhere between £5 and £50. I usually buy the cheap £5 ones which need a little repainting, because I put my name and picture on it anyway. But often a black sharpie will fix the scratches and your good to go.
Scott O.
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
1143 Posts

Profile of Scott O.
I purchased the 033023R - Stanley® Mobile Tool Chest pictured in the link above last year to store a Mak Mirror box. It fit wonderfully. Any prop that is 12" square and up to about 16" tall/long will fit inside. Plus there is a nice tray at the top for smaller props or silks and such. For $40 this has been a great find.

Scott
Do not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time you will reap a harvest, if you do not give up. Galatians 6:9
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » New Box - I Love it! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL