The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » TT & S P (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
henri loik
View Profile
Regular user
Near Chicago, Illinois
136 Posts

Profile of henri loik
Quote:
On 2011-11-22 18:50, Trekdad wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-11-22 17:39, henri loik wrote:
Quote:
On 2003-05-20 09:26, phill wrote:
Sorry for all the "cloak and dagger" abbreviations, didn't want to come close to the ethical/revelation boundary line.

To address the amount question, I have found that a heavy teaspoon of SP can deal with about 8 oz.+/- of water.

peace,
phill

Do you mean Slush powder? Only magicians read this forum, you don't need to abbreviate everything. When you reveal a classic gimmick, it isn't really harming anybody, since most of us already know what it is, plus we have to pay for it anyways. Unlike revealing a method, revealing a gimmick to magicians is not harmful in any way since they have to pay for it.

Other than "Secret Sessions" and a couple of other topics here, most of these posts, including from "Little Darlings" are indexed by Google and the posts appear and are openly accessible to anyone searching the internet.

Sorry for Bumping this old post, but unless you say "Kids, that was slush powder. And that appearing silk before is called a thumbtip production!" I don't think people are going to find this post on their google search. I really don't think it would come up on accident either.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I use s/p in about every show I do.
amazing illusions can be performed with this.
todd
garydunn
View Profile
Veteran user
Glasgow
303 Posts

Profile of garydunn
JimbosMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of JimbosMagic
I use slush powder from a thumb tip.
I get the cups to be cleaned out with a duster. as the first cup is returned I add the slush from the tip whilst giving the person a second cup to clean.

To start I have the TT in the cup with the duster or cloth. As I pick up the cup I add the TT on the my first finger. and take the cloth as well. give the cup to spectator and cloth and tell them to clean it out. whilst they do this I take the TT off and hold it in my palm with the opening towards my finger ends. As they give me back the cup I take it with my other hand and place it over the TT hand. At that piont I give them the other cup to clean. Now while this is being done I drop my hand to my side letting the powder fall in to the first cup.
I get rid of the TT as I take the cloth from them and ditch them together.

I hope that makes sence.
JIMMY CARLO. KIDabra International Family Entertainer of the Year 2009.
IBM Triple Award Winner. Uk Champion of Comedy Magic.
Represented the UK in the United Slapstick Awards on German TV.
European Children's Entertainer of the year 2007/8
Isaiah
View Profile
Veteran user
376 Posts

Profile of Isaiah
Take a plastic wand, make a hole in teh end of the wand and fill the wand with SP. When you show the cup empty put the wand into the cup to show its empty and when you tip the cup right side up the wand is still in the cup and the SP falls out. PERFECT
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1354 Posts

Profile of danfreed
You can also buy a slush wand to do that.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » TT & S P (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL