The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Favorite Magician? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Bungee
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Bungee
Paul Harris, Jay Sankey, Chris Kenner, Greg Wilson, to name a few.
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Noobini
Well, it's not a contest and there are plenty of incredible and inspirational people in magic, but I do have a small alter in my bamboo hut on which I sacrifice small virgin goats and poultry to the great Lennart Green.
"Talk about melodrama... and being born in the wrong part of the world." (Raf Robert)
"You, my friend, have a lot to learn." (S. Youell)
"Nonsensical Raving of a lunatic mind..." (Larry)
Miraclemakers
View Profile
Special user
INA
685 Posts

Profile of Miraclemakers
Banachecks, Osterlind, Max maven, Dedy Corbuzier, Lance Burton, Angela funovits, Jeff McBride, Aldo Colombini (tnahks for your real danger), and my all time fave, David Copperfield.
Jupiter47
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of Jupiter47
Without a doubt Alex Elmsley. Amazing work
Lion Dope
View Profile
New user
York PA
88 Posts

Profile of Lion Dope
John Carney, Eric Mead, Bob Sheets, Roy Walton, Harry Anderson, Gregory Wilson, Kostya Kimlat (is scary good and scary clever), and Gazzo. Also, I'm fixing up a Delorean so I can go back in time to watch John Ramsey perform at his grocery store.
Cheers;
Mike
Mach
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Mach
Love the creations of Paul Harris and Marlo's cardwork. But, Cyril Takayama's presentations are amazing.
Mach
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Mach
Oh and an honorable mention for Jerry Sadowitz. Realize his style may not be everyone's cup of tea, but its certainly unique. Shame he doesn't put more emphasis on magic in his shows.
lewisswiresmagic
View Profile
New user
London
35 Posts

Profile of lewisswiresmagic
Derren Brown (i know), jay sankey, david penn, richard bellars, Jimmy Salter, kinda like my own stuff to I guess and the greats, Burger, Vernon, Braue, Slydini
animation
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of animation
David Blaine, Derron Brown, Michael Vincent, David Copperfield, Greg wilson
lou serrano
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, CA
671 Posts

Profile of lou serrano
Fred Kaps. I remember seeing the 30 year anniversary of the Beatles appearance on the Ed Sullivan show. Fred Kaps had the unenvious position of performing immediately after them. He performed a homing card routine the likes of which I have never seen since. It was pure magic presented with charisma and style . Ever since then Kaps has been my favorite for both close-up and stage.

Lou
mumford
View Profile
Special user
652 Posts

Profile of mumford
Penn&Teller, Kozak, Johnny Thonpson, Mac King, Michael Finney, Steve Spill, Jeff McBride, Rudy Coby, Doc Eason, Bob Sheets, Derren Brown, Ricky Jay. Penn&Teller first the rest in no particular order.
Andreas S.
View Profile
New user
Germany
60 Posts

Profile of Andreas S.
Derren Brown, Richard Osterlind, Penn & Teller, Banachek, Lance Burton...

I believe they are not the best, but I love to see them perform. There are so much good and entertaining magicians, that I think I will discover a lot more of them in the future.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Seems to me as though penn&teller have the most votes. Tamariz has alot, as does Copperfield.

JI would pick penn and teller, vernon, erdnase and globbi
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Whit Haydn.

Shoot Ogawa, Michael Vincent, Armando Lucero, Brian Gillis (doing close-up), Johnny Ace Palmer, Gregory Wilson, Michael Ammar.

And for stage comedy-magic, Dana Daniels. Talk about an act I could watch over and over.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Robert Houdin, Dai Vernon, Fred Kaps, Juan Tamariz, Bob Read, Al Goshman, Arturo Ascanio, John Carney, René Lavand, Tommy Wonder, Pete, Biro, Johnny Thompson, Derek Dingle, David Williamson, Gaetan Bloom, Daryl Martinez, Michael Ammar, David Roth, Whit Haydn, Mike Gallo, Michael Vincent, Tom Mullica, Roberto Giobbi, Shoot Ogawa, Antonio Romero...

Quote:
On 2009-04-07 13:01, LobowolfXXX wrote:
...And for stage comedy-magic, Dana Daniels. Talk about an act I could watch over and over.

I agree. I only had the chance to see Dana Daniels once at the Magic Castle: I got very impressed by his great stage presence and huge talent.
On stage I also love Shimada and Kevin James.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
noble1
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of noble1
Old School: Jay Marshall, Fred Kaps, Billy McComb, Johnny Thompson, Amazing Ballantine. Middle School: Penn and Teller, Mac King, Fielding West, Michael Finney, Mark Korhauser, Hobson, Steve Spill, Paul Harris, Daryl, Kozak. Gen X: Dan Sperry, Shoot Ogawa, Daniel Garcia, Wayne Houchin, Andrew Golderhersh.
Chamberlain
View Profile
Special user
629 Posts

Profile of Chamberlain
My top 10 closeup magicians, in rough order - Michael Skinner, Martin Nash, Harry Lorayne, Frank Garcia, Paul Gordon, Richard Osterlind, Michael Vincent, Greg Wilson, Randy Wakeman and Bill Malone.
Dirko
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
287 Posts

Profile of Dirko
Chalk up another vot for Tom Mullica.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Quote:
On 2009-03-31 18:10, Pete Biro wrote:
Bill Anderson. Nobody has heard of him. But he is the ONE that STARTED ME doing magic.

Others that PERSONALLY INFLUENCED ME. (I DON'T HAVE A FAVORITE)

Jay Marshall, Ken Brooke, Fred Kaps, Persi Diaconis, Roy Benson, Dai Vernon, Charlie Miller, Mike Caldwell, Pat Page, Paul Daniels.
Pete am I mistaken or is Bill Anderson the one that wrote The Magic Digest Book?

Favorites for me so many but some of the top in no special order are as follows. Fred Kaps, Dai Vernon, Roger Klause, Michael Skinner, Allen Ackerman. Looy Simonoff, Bill Malone, Roy Benson, Tommy Wonder, Richard Ross,
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
I have MANY mentors. I have so may I cannot name them all. They speak to me from the dim past and from five minutes ago. All of them in one way or another have influenced me on so many levels and they in turn have influenced each other.

A few I want to mention and why:

Harry Lorayne: To me, the very DEFINITION of teacher. How many of us have been influenced by Mr. Lorayne's works? I would say that at least in this card section section of the Café, a significant number.

Theo Annemann: The trailblazer, the man who said EFFECT is everything. A tragic end, yes, but a shining legacy that will endure long after we are gone. "To a memory"

Quintino Marucci a.k.a Slydini: Poetry, slow, deliberate, gentleman, relentless assassin of the senses, Master.

Stewart James: The late great Rick Johnsson summed it up best about James: "Gandalf lives!"

Jean Hugard: Writer of so many foundational and seminal books on our art.

David Regal: His love for Magic and his consummate skill and keen observations and real world theory of entertainment should be an example for all magicians.

Doug Henning: Say what you will about the rainbow stage sets, but, this man - who was a MUCH better magician that you might realise - really DID revive magic and he did it in a time when the world needed it. He is missed.

Derek Dingle: I had the privilege of knowing this great man. I watched him work impromptu at a pub near Penn State University. He annihilated all and sundry.

Simon Aronson: I don't know where Simon Aronson gets his methods. The man goes for the jugular in each and every effect. Truly one of the greats.

Buck Bressler: Buck is the owner of IllusionsMAGIC in Cleveland. Buck has been and is my dear friend who also does one of the best second deals I have never seen.

Paul Gallagher: THIS guy is simply fantastic. His skill with a pack of cards is nothing short of astounding, and Paul will take the time to advise and to teach. He is a walking encyclopedia of the Art.

I have MANY more mentors of course but I want to mention two friends in Magic with whom I have grown:

Fred Becker: Fred and I lived and breathed Magic. Some of our best sessioning came from marathon Frisbee tosses. Fred is a successful entertainer and deserves his success.

Ben Salinas: I have seen Ben grow into an amazing magician. His love for the Art is contagious. I am privileged to have him as a friend.

Finally, as a I write this, I pause to look around my office in my home set aside for music/magic/graphics development. I see all of these books and magazines and effects by thousands of magicians living and passed on. To ALL of them I say: thank you; you are all my favourites!

Best,
Vlad
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Favorite Magician? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL