The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » How to do real remote viewing, telepathy, etc. (no tricks) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
So true what mcadams state: want to be like geller hurkos jonnson then study them try to absord their styles
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Get the hurkos biography! its superb! written by a female journalist, but can't remember her name..

anyway - great book...go search on amazon in the new and used! you can get some amazing stuff dirt cheap...
I've asked to be banned
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2545 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Yup. Know what you want to fake before you try faking it.

The best fradulent medical doctors are those with some medical training.

It seems almost too simple but I think we all forget sometimes.

The warning, and a good one, is not to fall for your own press. Once you think you can really do these things for real, you risk turning into a paranoid psychotic ("I know I can do this, if they don't agree they must be faking. In fact, I'll accuse them of cheating even if there isn't a test" might be an example, if you think like this, seek help immediately, lol).
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
The basis of every convincing lie, is a small element of truth...
I've asked to be banned
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1238 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
Wow! <<The basis of every convincing lie, is a small element of truth...>>

I am inspired. At the moment it is 2am here. I have a bottle of Jura single malt in front of me... Those of you who know me will be aware that I have been a close, personal froend of Uri Geller for some considerable time. Well, I have just dropped a line to Uri to ask his permission for something... and I am in the process of formulating a piece which will appear on imentalism.com at some point that I think will either have people throwing rocks through my window or will change the way they approach our dark deceptive arts. Forever.

I hope it is the latter.

Just give me a few days…

Drew
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
Wonderful. I love controversy.

Luke
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Oooooh! Jura!

oh, and...

Ooooh! Drew! this sounds fun...
I've asked to be banned
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Several experiments have been performed on the Café before with some very interesting results Smile
Corona Smith is Extremely accurate in this field!
I'll find the links later this week.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
Here is a link to what is available from Ingo Swann's (?) declassified training manual for the Controlled Remote Viewing Project.

Dry reading, but this is "the real work"

http://www.firedocs.com/remoteviewing/an......dex.html
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
Garrette
View Profile
Special user
926 Posts

Profile of Garrette
Quote:
On 2009-03-31 17:50, pearljamjeff wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-03-31 16:52, Garrette wrote:
You're absolutely right, Iain, but then we quickly run into the fact that a truly properly controlled test isn't possible via the internet (more accurately: I personally don't know of how to do it).

If the subject gets the correct answer, then I could always claim the third party was in on it; if the subject gets it wrong, he could always claim the third party was in on it.

I would not conclude from a successful test that remote viewing is real. I would however, agree to conclude that such a test showed promise and indicated that there may possibly be more to it than I thought.

Likewise, I would not expect the subject to conclude from a failed test that remote viewing is bunkum. I would, however, hope the subject would conclude that remote viewing under those specific circumstances does not work (or at least does not work for him), and that therefore the real evidence for remote viewing is thin indeed.

Your attempts at logic are simply astounding. And not in a good way.

A successful hit = RV might be real, can't be sure.
An unsuccessful hit = It didn't work for you, so any evidence for RV being real is "thin indeed."

Not what I said. To keep it close to your paraphrse, it would more accurately be:

"A successful hit in this admittedly uncontrolled environment = interesting but not proof.

An unsuccessful hit in this admittedly uncontrolled environment = not disproof of the phenomena in general, but as the controls are looser and therefore more generous to the claimant than in a controlled test, quite suggestive that the specific claim for the specific applicant is disproven."

That's not a perfect paraphrase either, but it's much more true to what I said than your original.

Quote:
Do you work for Randi? Cause your logic patterns follow his teachings blindly... I mean nicely.
You're better than this, Jeff.
Garrette
View Profile
Special user
926 Posts

Profile of Garrette
Quote:
On 2009-03-31 21:17, Drewmcadam wrote:
Wow! <<The basis of every convincing lie, is a small element of truth...>>

I am inspired. At the moment it is 2am here. I have a bottle of Jura single malt in front of me... Those of you who know me will be aware that I have been a close, personal froend of Uri Geller for some considerable time. Well, I have just dropped a line to Uri to ask his permission for something... and I am in the process of formulating a piece which will appear on imentalism.com at some point that I think will either have people throwing rocks through my window or will change the way they approach our dark deceptive arts. Forever.

I hope it is the latter.

Just give me a few days…

Drew
That sounds highly interesting, and I speak as someone who is highly critical of Geller in regard to how he presents himself. At the same time, I have in the past admitted that I also regard him as a consummate showman and someone who really did have as much influence on the art as possibly anyone else in the last fifty years.

In either, case, I agree with Lem's little saying and highly doubt I will throw rocks through your window, even if Geller is the source of your inspiration.
Garrette
View Profile
Special user
926 Posts

Profile of Garrette
Quote:
On 2009-04-01 06:38, leapinglizards wrote:
Here is a link to what is available from Ingo Swann's (?) declassified training manual for the Controlled Remote Viewing Project.

Dry reading, but this is "the real work"

http://www.firedocs.com/remoteviewing/an......dex.html
It is the real work insofar as it is what was used to guide training during the whole "Stargate" thing. If one judges a manual by its results, though, this falls far short. Despite Swann's claims (and Paul Smith's claims) and the claims of a few others related to Stargate, the results were far from convincing.
Daylite
View Profile
New user
Germany
98 Posts

Profile of Daylite
To Leapinglizards:
Thank you very much for the link.

Could someone please correct me if I am wrong but I thought we were talking about different avenues of presetation, not the merits of remote viewing research.
Mentalism only happens in our minds.
Garrette
View Profile
Special user
926 Posts

Profile of Garrette
I think you're right, Daylite, and I'm with Lem and Iain that studying the methods and thought processes of those who claim real ability can be extremely helpful in developing a convincing (and entertaining) persona when presenting a faux ability.
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
Daylite: Just to clarify, and the reason "The Real Work" was in quotes is... if you want to base your presentation on what was actually done- weather it is bunk or not, thought the reference might be helpful.

Dean
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
Proxy
View Profile
Veteran user
336 Posts

Profile of Proxy
Since part of this thread included interest in setting up RV sessions, here's a link for anyone who wants to go at it on their own: http://www.dojopsi.com/pan/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » How to do real remote viewing, telepathy, etc. (no tricks) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL