The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Cellini salt pour (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Magician Shaun
View Profile
Special user
Huntington BCH, CA
912 Posts

Profile of Magician Shaun
Half the time when people ask questions here the answers they get are suggestions to purchase their or their buddies material on the subject. I think some of them specifically use this site to advertise and nothing else.
imgic
View Profile
Special user
Moved to Seattle to see
916 Posts

Profile of imgic
Scott Alexander showed a nice salt pour routine in the Penguin Christmas lecture 2 or 3 years ago (and it was free!). Didn’t use a thumb tip, he showed how to create the gimmick used in the routine.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
drmolarmagic
View Profile
New user
Brooklyn NY
74 Posts

Profile of drmolarmagic
Hi I've been working on a good street version of the salt pour and I've been doing it for about a year on my pitch. It involves using a TT and then a salt pour gimmick. I never liked just producing salt from the other hand, and being done, I prefer to vanish it from right hand, show hand empty then start the pour from the right hand again and it keeps pouring and pouring.
I've spent a lot of time researching and learning different routines and playing with the many different pour gimmicks, (Vernet, Fox, Kosack, Levent, and a few generic ones) even came up with a holder for my gimmick for under my vest.
Its a great effect which works very well on the street.
Also there is no need to clean up the ground, it just gets washes away in the next rain.
I use Levent's idea of a silk to wipe off my hands to loose the gimmick. Also looking to use that silk to produce a dove....but that's still in the works
Bruce
imgic
View Profile
Special user
Moved to Seattle to see
916 Posts

Profile of imgic
If you add a bit of glitter (very fine glitter) to the salt, it makes big difference as light catches it and make is look more magical
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
drmolarmagic
View Profile
New user
Brooklyn NY
74 Posts

Profile of drmolarmagic
Glitter added....YES great idea, it shows up better from back of the crowd.....thanks for the tip
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Cellini salt pour (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL