The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » The First Timers (mentoring young magicians) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John Tudor
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbia, SC
209 Posts

Profile of John Tudor
Regular user
Columbia, SC
160 Posts Posted: Mar 31, 2009 10:52pm
The First Timers (Magic Show)
On Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qXp5DFhcQQ
Two young amateur magicians were invited to be in the big show...what was it like for them?
Presenting The First Timers (Magic Show) a photo documentary about newcomers to a Magic Show, by Ashton Vazquez. The interviews were held while preparing for Cavalcade of Magic, Nov. 15, 08, in Columbia, SC. It features Bauer Westeren, a young Mind Reader, and Cameron Burks, a young escape artist. They are guided by Joey Vazquez, and John Tudor, and also seen is magician Brandon Wagster.
The show itself was put on by by the Society of American Magicians #284/Society of Young Magicans #132. The day of performances was a fundraiser for Glenforest School.
For More Info/Mailing List go to http://www.tudormagic.com
"Ars longa, vita brevis." (Life is short, the art so long to learn) -Hippocrates
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
John Thank you for sharing this Video. It is great to see new faces coming into the art. Were the two New Magicians students at the Glenforest School or were they members of S>A>M>?(or both) I know one of them mentioned in the video that they joined a magic club. Do you have any clips of them performing in the "Big Show" if so I would love to see them.
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
John Tudor
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbia, SC
209 Posts

Profile of John Tudor
Thanks!
The young magi in the video were SYM members. Glenforrest School was the venue - and is also our stage magic rehearsal lab.
Since you asked I will at some point post a version with video (not much was shot - too bad).
We had hoped to do another "recital" type show next month - will have something this summer.
You'll probably like "Clink". http://www.youtube.com/user/johntudormagic
"Ars longa, vita brevis." (Life is short, the art so long to learn) -Hippocrates
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
John,
I realy enjoyed clink... I noticed your hometown is newburgh, My wife is from Middletown, We now live about two hours north of there. How did you end up in SC?
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
John Tudor
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbia, SC
209 Posts

Profile of John Tudor
Small world, eh?

I came South due to family obligations. My mother is from a very old southern family, so it was a natural.
Are you affiliated with any of the local magic clubs there?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » The First Timers (mentoring young magicians) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL