The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Perfected Open Prediction (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Thomas Kwon
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Thomas Kwon
Quote:
Effect:

A pack of cards is shuffled by the spectator. Then, the magician writes down a name of a playing card on a piece of paper, and shows it to everybody. The spectator starts to deal the cards one by one on to the table. Once the spectator decides to stop, the stopped card is placed aside, and the rest of the pack is shown face up. The predicted card is not seen. The card that the spectator stopped at is shown to match the prediction.


Conditions:

* The spectator can stop any time they want. They can change their mind.
* Everything, and I mean everything, can be burrowed
* The magician never touches (or so it seems) the deck until the effect is over.


Sounds great, doesn't it?
PRICE: FREE @ http://blog.t-hax.com/

I would have bundled it up with my other effects, and sell it in an ebook, but because the sleight used in it is extremely difficult for many people, I've decided to publish it for free.

Hope you can get as much mileage out of it as I did..


Cheers
Dizzidiz
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of Dizzidiz
EDIT: Nevermind. but that's really cool! You could even use Danile Madison's advocate gimmick so that once they spread the cards, take out an indifferent card from your pocket THEN have them deal. Do the move and then show that they mathc.
Thomas Kwon
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Thomas Kwon
Quote:
On 2009-04-02 16:44, Dizzidiz wrote:
EDIT: Nevermind. but that's really cool! You could even use Danile Madison's advocate gimmick so that once they spread the cards, take out an indifferent card from your pocket THEN have them deal. Do the move and then show that they mathc.


That's a great idea, but the whole idea behind any open prediction is that it is 100% impromptu using burrowed objects with nothing added in, or taken out.

Cheers
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6185 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Thomas, although you an interesting take on this, you do realize this does not meet all the rules of an open prediction?

The rules of an open prediction include the fact that the spectator will deal from a face down deck and turn ever card face up until he stops on one and puts that to the side. The he deals through all the rest of the cards, turning them up, until all 51 cards have been seen. The card he has placed to the side and finally turned over ends up being your prediction.

Just wanted to clarify that although your idea still has merit.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Thomas Kwon
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Thomas Kwon
Quote:
On 2009-04-02 16:59, Greg Arce wrote:
Thomas, although you an interesting take on this, you do realize this does not meet all the rules of an open prediction?

The rules of an open prediction include the fact that the spectator will deal from a face down deck and turn ever card face up until he stops on one and puts that to the side. The he deals through all the rest of the cards, turning them up, until all 51 cards have been seen. The card he has placed to the side and finally turned over ends up being your prediction.

Just wanted to clarify that although your idea still has merit.

Greg


Aren't those among the conditions that Stewart James set for his effect, not Paul Curry? And yes, I am aware that it does not meet such conditions. However, with sleight modification to the handling, the cards can be dealt face up.

Thanks for your suggestions,
waynekaobs
View Profile
New user
UK
38 Posts

Profile of waynekaobs
Thomas I think this is a very very good idea to do a prediction, thanks a lot.
Let me try it on some of my friends... I think it works!

COOL
Thomas Kwon
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Thomas Kwon
I have posted my approach to ACAAN on the link.. enjoy.. more coming soon
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2820 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
That's good...you also posted a link that any person on the planet can find because you put it in an un-secure section of the Café...but if you like to tell the common folk how you do your stuff...good for you...bad for business.

Nathan
...
Thomas Kwon
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Thomas Kwon
Quote:
On 2009-04-02 19:35, Nathan Pain wrote:
That's good...you also posted a link that any person on the planet can find because you put it in an un-secure section of the Café...but if you like to tell the common folk how you do your stuff...good for you...bad for business.

Nathan


I've seen link to cardopolis posted on many different public forums many many many times.. and I don't think lay people can understand my instructions any ways Smile

thanks for the advice though.
waynekaobs
View Profile
New user
UK
38 Posts

Profile of waynekaobs
Actually I think they probably can...
ur instructions are very detailed XD
Thomas Kwon
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Thomas Kwon
Quote:
On 2009-04-02 20:16, waynekaobs wrote:
Actually I think they probably can...
ur instructions are very detailed XD


I password protected the page.. Smile
waynekaobs
View Profile
New user
UK
38 Posts

Profile of waynekaobs
Quote:
On 2009-04-02 20:19, Thomas Kwon wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-04-02 20:16, waynekaobs wrote:
Actually I think they probably can...
ur instructions are very detailed XD


I password protected the page.. Smile


lol!!

But I like both of ur 'DREAM ACAAN' and 'OPEN PREDICTION' very much...
Very very clean!

Looking forward to ur ebook!
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2820 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Password protected...better, but Google is your friend...

Nathan
...
Thomas Kwon
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Thomas Kwon
PM me for access password.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2820 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
There ya go!

:)

Nathan
...
Thomas Kwon
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Thomas Kwon
Everybody who sent a PM.. I sent you all the acess password.

cheers,

tom
Dizzidiz
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of Dizzidiz
I didn;t get one :S
Thomas Kwon
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Thomas Kwon
Quote:
On 2009-04-03 17:13, Dizzidiz wrote:
I didn;t get one :S


check PM.

To others: feel free to write here w/ your opinions..
Dizzidiz
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of Dizzidiz
I like it. the ACAAN is a little... situational. But other than that I love it Smile
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1512 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Just send you a PM! Smile
Ben BV
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Perfected Open Prediction (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL