The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » My home's in Alabama! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Wednesday, I got a chance to enjoy the good life in one of the small towns in Alabama.

Unfortunately, I had ignored my gas gauge and the panic light came on. So I stopped at the first place I could to get gasoline. No doubt about it, my home is in Alabama. Where else could you stop at a four-pump gas station where there was only one grade of gasoline? All four were unleaded regular gas and there was no place in the pump to insert your credit card. They trusted you to pump your gas and come inside the store and pay for it. For an entertainer who travels 1000-2000 miles a week, it was certainly refreshing to know that there are places that are still very simple and value integrity above all.

My home's in Alabama.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
There are small towns all across this lovely country like that.

I do love the South though, unfortunately my wife won't let me move there.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
I'd rather just swipe my fleet-card and avoid contact with gas station folks -but that's just me and my big city ways...

Why can't they just implant the RFID into my frontal lobe anyhow?
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
...Lord I'm coming home to you!
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Quote:
On 2009-04-03 05:57, Justin Style wrote:

I'm proud of my Northern friend Justin for quoting the lyrics to a classic southern rock song. That's one of the requirements Justin for you New Yorkers to be fully accepted by us southern folks! LOL!

Lyndel
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
When I worked for a promoter, I did 2 shows with Skynard. Got to meet them all, hang out and eat meals. I also picked them up and drove them back and forth to the hotel.

And I can't even begin to tell you how many times I saw them in the 70's!!! (Because it WAS the 70's!

FREEBIRD!
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
Quote:
On 2009-04-03 05:57, Justin Style wrote:

That is "Sweet Home Alabama" Justin!

The correct next line is "Southern born and Southern bred"!

D*** Yankee... Smile
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Scott...I'm talking about two different topics...I don't blame you for not understanding what I'm saying...it's your medication. So, I'll break it down for you.

1) The first was a response to Bob, so the line quoted was from SHA...see, because he mentioned he loved Alabama.

2) The second was in response to Lyndel. I was talking about working for the band. And the Freebird reference was to the audience at every concert that shouts out Freebird!...

But then again, I forgot you're from the south, so I'll talk s l o w e r!

Hey now!

:cheers:
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
Hey now!

:D
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Cool...now don't forget it!

I just hope Neil Young will remember...

New York is a city. I am merely a (Bicycle) tour guide!

:cheers:
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
It's a state of mind.
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
If you can make it there, you'll make it anywhere... as a bicycle tour guide that is...

Lyndel
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Reminds me of a joke. I can't say it here but it is a good one. My wife slapped me when I told it to her.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Scott,

Let him talk slower for us. It's great for business. I just got home from the Ozarks where business is still good. Remember Brother Dave Gardner? He explained to us how this works there in Hot Springs, Arkansas where those dumb Southerners sell water to those brilliant Yankees.

We're use to being taken advantage of by the northern tribes.

Bubba Whodini ~~~ The King of Cut and Restored Water Melon, Color Changing Grits and Doves to Possum
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
If'n I had the geetus, I'd be there with ya Bob. There's a house on my Daughters block outside of Mobile in Wilmer, goin' for a good price. Oh well.

Imagine that...namin' a town after a Fintstone...
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2009-04-04 12:59, Bob Sanders wrote:
Scott,

Let him talk slower for us. It's great for business. I just got home from the Ozarks where business is still good. Remember Brother Dave Gardner? He explained to us how this works there in Hot Springs, Arkansas where those dumb Southerners sell water to those brilliant Yankees.

We're use to being taken advantage of by the northern tribes.

Bubba Whodini ~~~ The King of Cut and Restored Water Melon, Color Changing Grits and Doves to Possum

...And we sure are stupid for needing water to fuel our modern industrialized cities and agriculture systems!

I suppose we'd be more clever if we just found a way to legally "steal" it, but DIXIE's got us on the run!
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Wait...there is still an industrialized city?

My pool hustling partner (beer and five dollar games, nothing big) was a good o' boy from Alabama. He'd walk up and ponder where to put the money to release the balls and ask what stick was good etc and folks would beg him to bet. He'd take' em down!
jkesler
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of jkesler
I live Back in the woods you see...the woman---the kids---the dogs and me...and a Country Boy can survive....Hank Williams Jr.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Quote:
On 2009-04-04 17:18, MagicSanta wrote:
Wait...there is still an industrialized city?

My pool hustling partner (beer and five dollar games, nothing big) was a good o' boy from Alabama. He'd walk up and ponder where to put the money to release the balls and ask what stick was good etc and folks would beg him to bet. He'd take' em down!

I can remember the Playboy Club in Saint Louis in the 70s for its pool table. That club is unique in the Playboy organization because it belonged to the Bunnies. (Think of it as their 401-K but under their skilled control.) Keyholders enjoyed playing pool with those "helpless" ladies. Bunny Vicki was the best pool player of all. She knew just when to lean over and guarantee her opponent would make a critical scratch shot. (But she didn't touch the table! LOL)

You were much safer playing three-card monte in an alley in NYC in the dark.

She had to be from Dixie.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

PS --- If you weren't in Alabama this weekend, you missed the Rattle Snake Rodeo in Opp, Alabama. What were you thinking about? You missed the Rattle Snake races again! McDonald's won't cook them for you either.
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » My home's in Alabama! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL