The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Editing posts » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

M.Frymus
View Profile
Loyal user
Oakville, Ontario, Canada!
293 Posts

Profile of M.Frymus
I hope I am posting in the correct area.
But, I noticed that when you start a new topic, or comment, and later when someone comments after you, it is not possible to edit your post.
Sometimes someone might want to change something, add something, or delete.

Is this possible to do yourself, that I cannot see the edit button?
Or is this feature not available?

Why?
MICHAEL FRYMUS
Director of Photography

Filmming worldwide

Email: dop-michaelfrymus@live.com
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
From the rules forum

Quote:
members may edit their post if the message is LESS THAN 30 MINUTES OLD *AND* there has been no replies to the message.

If you need something changed after 30 minutes or a reply has been posted, simply use the report post feature and tell us what you want to do. Well review your request and make any changes we feel appropriate.
Where the magic begins
M.Frymus
View Profile
Loyal user
Oakville, Ontario, Canada!
293 Posts

Profile of M.Frymus
Hmm.. That's weird.
It makes it a lot easier if you want to edit something out or add something extra to your post, perhaps to your list. But, instead you have to make a new one.
MICHAEL FRYMUS
Director of Photography

Filmming worldwide

Email: dop-michaelfrymus@live.com
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
If someone responds to your post and then you could go back and edit you post, it could change then entire meaning of both posts. Someone may quote what you said originally and if you could edit your post, their quote wouldn't have any meaning.

You don't have to make a new post. Just follow the instructions I gave you and tell us what you want to change. We'll look at all the posts and make whatever changes are necessary.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Editing posts » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL