The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Non-labial Scripts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tod Todson
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1296 Posts

Profile of Tod Todson
Hi,

Kimmo recently came out with an easy script in his new lecture notes:

http://users.tinyonline.co.uk/jkimmo/Kimmostore.html

Any other sources for non-labial scripts out there, either published or self-created?

Thanks,
Tod
Mystifier, Youth Speaker
<BR><BR>
Tod Todson
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1296 Posts

Profile of Tod Todson
Wow, surprised this isn't getting any response!

Has Kimmo been the only one who thought of this?

Say it ain't so, ma Smile
Mystifier, Youth Speaker
<BR><BR>
Bob Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
1111 Posts

Profile of Bob Baker
I've never liked the idea of non-labial scripts, or even of avoiding labials when first learning vent. I say learn to do it right from the start.

Bob
ColinDymond
View Profile
Special user
Gloucestershire, England
675 Posts

Profile of ColinDymond
I did some filming for the discovery channel once. I waited all day only to be put in front of the camera and the director give me lines that included the words Lips, moving, mouth. No rehearsal just go for it. I had about 20 seconds on screen with all the words you wouldn't wish to say. I think I got away with it but I practice them all the time now!
Matt_24
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of Matt_24
Learn ventriloquism the proper way from the beginning. Buy the WINCHELL video, the MAHER method, and anything else and find the techniques that work best for you. Paul Stadelman's book is good as well.

Remember, the structure of everyone's mouth is different so different substitutions are going to work differently for everyone.

Buy a video camera and practice the various subs (G for B or soft D for B or soft T on the alveolar ridge for P....K for P, etc, etc) until you find what works best for you and just practice, practice, practice til' you figure out the proper 'pressure' to apply in order to create the substitution...or if you're using a throat substitution like K or G...figure out the best approach there. I've heard substitutions done beautifully BOTH ways.

If you pay close attention to JEFF DUNHAM he does DIFFERENT substitutions. Seriously...he sometimes will use the WINCHELL way, or the (what I call) traditional way. Of course he's been doing it so long and so well he probably doesn't know what he is doing these days. It just comes naturally.

Remember, labials are your friend!

Matt Kimbro
http://www.upperlipsneer.blogspot.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Non-labial Scripts (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL