The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Have you ever been unconscious? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Have you ever been unconscious?

What is it like?

:)
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
620 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
I can't remember...
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Well how do you know if you ever was not then?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
How are you defining 'unconcious'?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Not aware that one exists.

Tommy
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-04-04 18:27, tommy wrote:
Not aware that one exists.

Hmm..not a feeling I want to have any time soon! (hate the thought of dying)

Doug
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
A dead body could be aware it exits for all we know.

Tommy
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I passed out after stepping out of the tub last year. One second I was standing at the bathroom sink..the next second I remember waking up on the floor with my head against the back wall wondering "What the?" No memory of how I got down there..no feeling of passing time..
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2009-04-04 17:57, tommy wrote:
Have you ever been unconscious?

What is it like?

:)

Most of our experience is unconscious.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I've passed out due to drinking. I have had blackouts due to drinking. I was knocked out by a SEAL who completely misunderstood me. I was very knocked out after being run over for a couple days.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Quote:
I was knocked out by a SEAL who completely misunderstood me.

And when I woke up...
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Great, until I woke up!
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
When I woke up he told me he might kill me....he was upset.
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
I have been unconscious twice in my life and the experience only made me believe that we all are in a way immortal.

I was "out" for 45 minutes under anesthesia but I never once felt sleepy. I just had a needle in my arm one second and no needle in the arm the next second. There was no sense of the passage of time. While we sleep time may seem to pass more quickly but we still have an unexplained feeling that time did exist but under the spell of the drug that sense of time passage did not exist.
I would say the drug itself was responsible (sodium penathol <sp>) except when I passed out due to heat (no drugs involved) I had the exact same experience as before.

I tend to believe that just as nature will not tolerate a void and will do it's best to fill it, our conscience is no different and somehow will fill in the lack of conciseness with the sense of no time passing.

If someone can better explain what I just said, please explain further Smile.

Why are you asking this question Tommy? Have you had a weird experience with your conscience?
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Man you are not kidding Iven about that needle in the arm. I had surgery and I watched the nurse come in and I said "hello" and started to turn my head to see what the needle guy was up to and next thing I woke up.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-04-04 20:49, irossall wrote:...
I tend to believe that just as nature will not tolerate a void and will do it's best to fill it, our conscience is no different...

Well there's always room for jello - be it empty calories, dreams or rationalizations.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
I was momentarily unconscious when I got a concussion about 10 years ago. I remember mostly being annoyed when I came to. I was unable to do mental arithmetic for a number of weeks after, and that just made me angry and frustrated.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Tommy,

Man, this is weird..but I told you in my above post that I had passed out last year.

Hasn't happened since.

Um, except for an hour or so after I read your topic.

Serious. I bathed today, and had the same passing out as I had last year. When I came to, I felt extremely weak and ill. Could barely talk. Was afraid to stand up. I literally felt like I was dying. My son came very close to calling 911.

I just can't fathom why it happened again after you posted on the topic.
(insert Twilight Zone Theme here)

I'm fine now, by the way. But it SURE does make you aware of your mortality.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I don't know if this counts as 'unconcious' but when my wife had cardiac arrest and was revived (against all odds) she has about a four week period she was awake but she has absolutely no memory of. She still suffers from short term memory loss yet she doesn't believe it because she doesn't remember the prior event (for example I'll tell her something then an hour later she asks me about it and I tell her I told her and she gets angry and says I'm lying). My worse black out from drinking came when I was stationed in Charleston, SC (On board the USS Obannon, a great ship) and I remember being on the ship and leaving Charleston but have absolutely no memory of ever going to Charleston or being in Charleston prior to going to see and per my records I was there almost a year. During that year I don't recall any TV shows, music, events, nothing.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Well I sure hope your fine now daffy. These stupid computers can't be doing any of us much good.

What promted me to ask the question was this fellow's lecture but he goes on a while:

http://www.uctv.tv/search-details.aspx?showID=6442

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Have you ever been unconscious? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL