The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Masked magician in court! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
nelly
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of nelly
(Notice that the television network, not the scumball magician, was forced to pay. Better than nothing I guess).

This is probably the best part, because it will put off other T.V. stations. If Fox's magician got sued they wouldn't care less really. They would just turn around and say
"tough luck mate it's your own fault," but if Fox got sued then that would be a different matter entirely.
trainerjep
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of trainerjep
Let's see if he can escape from behind these bars!!! Smile
It's not the size of the wand,
but the magic in it !
Magic_streak
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
196 Posts

Profile of Magic_streak
No point making the Masked Magi pay, the other stations will still air his show to everyone else. On second thought, why not make BOTH of them pay. Hahaha! Smile Smile Smile
Bone
View Profile
Loyal user
Totally lost...
264 Posts

Profile of Bone
And you and Logan pay too, hahaha!!!

Hope this helps,

Truly,
Bone.
Email: bone@boneho.com

myspace.com/boneho
youtube.com/boneho
twitter.com/boneho
facebook.com/boneho

Official Website:
www.boneho.com
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
Now he isn't the only masked magician...there will be more unfortunately. Smile Smile
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Just had a second thought about this court decision. Notice that it was a Brazilian court. I'll have to temper my initial euphoria over this decision and wait until a U.S. court decides such a cause of action is legally tenable here in the good 'ol U.S. of A.
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
If one place got sued, the other stations will be more careful. Maybe they won't air his specials any more.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
At the bottom line, stations may be more cautious if they get sued, but their ultimate decision to air these types of programs, even if they lose lawsuits, will be based ENTIRELY on economics and nothing else. Losing a lawsuit may mean losing a battle, but not necessarily losing the war.
Kathryn Novak
View Profile
Special user
PA
574 Posts

Profile of Kathryn Novak
Yes, but winning battles are a key to winning a war. It didn't win the war, but it certainly helps. Smile
If anyone sees my sanity, please return it to

me.
Mago Mai
View Profile
Elite user
Venezuela
485 Posts

Profile of Mago Mai
Lets all of us... keep up the good war. Smile Smile Smile

Mago Mai
I invite all of you to share some of my magic on videos.Please, CLICK HERE
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2003-05-20 10:21, Kathryn Novak wrote:
Yes, but winning battles are a key to winning a war. It didn't win the war, but it certainly helps. Smile

I agree that it doesn't hurt, and I can't think of a more effective way of attacking the problem. Smile
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
It is more like won the Battle of exposer but not the war.

Lee

Smile
Kathryn Novak
View Profile
Special user
PA
574 Posts

Profile of Kathryn Novak
If you would like to win a battle of your own regarding this, I'd suggest contacting a lawyer. They'd be able to tell you what your options were.

me.
nelly
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of nelly
If another T.V. station decides to air a show just email them with the link put up, it may just make them think twice.
DaveB
View Profile
New user
Toronto
83 Posts

Profile of DaveB
They just did air another show called: Secrets of Psychics Revealed. I missed the first part of it, but they exposed the folding dollar, floating match, bending spoon, and a bunch of mind reading stuff. The show was on NBC at 10:00 pm tonight.
Kathryn Novak
View Profile
Special user
PA
574 Posts

Profile of Kathryn Novak
It was a rerun. And a word of advice to everyone: don't flip out about it, or lose sleep over it. Wait about a week, perform an exposed effect, and see if anyone yells out: "I SAW THAT ON TV!" Smile If they do, it's a perfect opportunity for you to test your audience control skills. If they're bluffing— CALL THEM ON IT! With some luck, audience controls, practice, rehearsal, and the right attitude, you can overcome just about anything that happens during your show. (Unless it's a natural disaster. Then... RUN!) Smile

me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Masked magician in court! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL