The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Quick and Easy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
I always carry around a deck of cards and stack of about 5 1/2 dollars. But the most important thing which I carry around is a couple of plastic wallets which contain packet tricks.

I think that when asked to do something quickly it is always easiest to show your favourite packet trick.
Although people often expect that the cards are faked in some way, I get around this by simply not using any packet tricks requiring odd looking cards, and using tricks where you show that you only have what you say you have (like actually using just 4 cards, not just saying that you do)

The packet tricks I carry are:

4 card Trick- A. Elmsley
Thumping Gemini- B. Kohler
Twisting the Acers- D. Acer
Some cards to do an oil and water routine.

:carrot: Smile Smile Smile

Enjoy,
Owen
wassabi_87
View Profile
Loyal user
moscow, idaho
226 Posts

Profile of wassabi_87
You might add ultimate three card monte.
bike during the day,
do magic at night,
and very early the next morning,
homework.
ferraroj
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of ferraroj
Color Monte is another one you could add to the list.
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
Quick, easy and impromptu? Well impromptu is a point of view isn't it. If you are truly set to do something how impromptu can it be? As long as your set, why not keep a topit in your coat so you can not only do something at a moments notice, but use something ungimicked and nearby?
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
kasper
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of kasper
How about carrying your cards inside a deck.
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
I usually do a few flourishes with a deck of cards, and then go into a routine like The Ambitious Card or something of that nature.

I don't like to carry anything more than a deck of cards when I'm not performing.
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
I am not a great fan of the 3 card Monte.
I used to carry around Colour Monte, but more recently I have stopped. I did not like the strange looking cards as they suggest fakes (although they aren't).
Is Ultimate Monte Michael Skinners routine?
I prefer to only carry around tricks which are normal and unprepared.
The only gaffed cards I do carry around are the cards used for Twisted Sisters.
Dennis
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Dennis
For a GREAT routine using a packet of regular
cards...

Check out one of my favs...

OFF COLOR MONTE (Best of Friends VOL II)!!!

Lots of Magic going on, and best of all the cards can be examined at the end. Smile
ebyrne
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of ebyrne
Well, if you have a deck of cards, you shouldn't have to worry about having enough tricks. Smile I carry a deck, but my wallet is gaffed for the card to wallet and I useually have a paperclipped insert in it in case I want to do an ambitious card with a paperclipped ending.

However, I find it would be a burden to carry a half dozen packet tricks, but if that's ok with you, sure. I would also recommend carrying a saw-the-lady-in-half set up just in case you want to do that "impromptu" also. Smile

-Gene Smile
Mago Mai
View Profile
Elite user
Venezuela
485 Posts

Profile of Mago Mai
Color changing knives.

Mago Mai
I invite all of you to share some of my magic on videos.Please, CLICK HERE
WVMAGIC
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of WVMAGIC
I love Mirreversal. When the cards change to mirrors, the spectator expression is priceless.
gordo
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of gordo
Without a doubt, "Eight-Card Brainwave"
Great effect!
No table required.
Resets instantly.

Gord
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Quick and Easy (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL