The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » The most underestimated Tenyo trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mark F
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Mark F
I was messing around with Bolted recently and that's a great little prop. The card escape is cool but I think its just as effective to have a card disappear between the two plates. Maybe not the most underestimated trick but still a good one... and one that always seems to be available cheap in its original packaging (unlike a lot of other old Tenyos).
723sabre
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of 723sabre
There's a nice, inexpensive version of this called Card Pentro, by dave Emerson I believe. Uses three playing cards that are clipped together with a brass split pin thru small holes in the center of each card. No way will the cards come apart, yet you can remove the bottom card and the pin is still in intact. Totally examinable (Bolted is not), very simple and direct. Only one minor issue to address which is easily handled.

Certainly the handling is far better and straightforward.

Best of all these sell for about $4.00 - $5.00 routinely. Frankly I got rid of my Bolted once I came across this.

In fact if you know how it works, you can make your own.
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1266 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
I think one of the best you never hear much about is "Flash Dice". It can be combined with other tricks, something the late, great Woody Landers showed me twenty-five years ago.

And another old favorite, just for the fact that you can fool your own eyes/brain with it, is "See-Through Card".

I got that and "Sandwich Platters" from the magic shop the same day. Good fun and good memories.
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
I have received today the Tenyo Mind scanner and I had a shock by discovering a trick which embarks of the electronics, it is the only one of all the collection of the old tenyo tricks not ?

Me I like mira metal trick and the spectator love this trick when I make it.

Posted: May 6, 2010 5:19pm
After make him to my friends Mind scanner is very good trick and very clever !!
It's one of the underestimated Tenyo trick, I'm a collector and I had heard about it never really and it is one very pleasant surprise!
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Stereo,I have never showed Mindscanner to anyone because I thought 'something' would be seen when I would perform the trick ... . You're saying it doesn't make people suspicious and no1 figures' it' out? Nice to know, I'll try it on the most suspicious woman ever that figures out 90 % of the tricks: my wife Smile

(see private message Smile )
xl18
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of xl18
I Like to do Mindscanner together with Future Clock. I have a clock face printed on the center of one of the business cards. I tell the spectator to draw a line on the clock to any time they want and then to put it back into the Mindscanner box. The Mindscanner in then moved to the side to make room for the Future Clock. At the end, the time on the Future Clock matches the one on the card.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
In fact I does not make exactly as the note literally, already I puts several virgin cards in the cardbox that I brings down sight of nothing by opening the box, then I takes one of those for the trick, and generally I leave one furthermore on the device.The most mattering it is to make so that nobody have no doubt on the fact that they are only blank business cards here.
The idea of Xl18 is very great !! I like it And I am going to try it!
I think that Mindscanner can be use whit many tricks in fact to add mystery in prediction trick.
Sorry for my English if is not very crystal clear.

Posted: May 9, 2010 9:05pm
Another idea is to combine the Mind scanner effect with tricky busines,

You bring out your business card case and you realize that you do not have a card anymore to be given, then you said whom you have one limps with blank card somewhere, you fetch her on a shelf and it is at this time that you take out the Mind scanner. You open the mind scanner, you take out some blank cards and you present then Tricky business, To finish you say that you go to present the last one with a last incredible trick and here you present mind Scanner by using, sight of nothing, the material which your public will believe that you used for tricky and which will thus be in them eyes completely normal, They shall ask no question and shall not imagine that mindscanner is in fact a device of magic.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I think a number of Tenyo items can fit on this list. One that I never see mentioned is Super Phanto Block. I think this is a very clever fooler, especially with the added touch from Tenyo that allows everything to be completely examined.

I know a few have mentioned that they have had problems with Wonder Window. Mine works great and again one of my favorite foolers that can be examined by the spectator.

John
superpixel
View Profile
Regular user
Knoxville, TN
133 Posts

Profile of superpixel
Steve, I'd love ideas on combining Flash Dice. Many people have recommended it but I've procrastinated in buying.

Burgalar Ball is frequently mentioned as both a classic and a favorite, but I've got a Magic Manuscript from the 80's featuring Tenyo and there's an effect using the popular color cube in a similar fashion. It's called The Smuggling Cube by Shigeru Sugawara. It was never marketed but it's pretty cool.

Sandwich Platter looks awesome and would fit into my Tenyo routine Smile
-- superpixels / victor / banana wizard --
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Hmm. I honestly didn't find Sandwich platter all that great. Maybe its something that plays well with laymen, but having another tenyo prop that came with m--- m----- cards, it seemed straight forward to me.

That prop however I LOVE and no one ever mentions-- The Tenyo See Through Card. Its really just a zig zag wallet but, as per Tenyo, a downright brilliant reapplication of the principle to create a totally different effect. I don't use the cards that came with it but do a riffle force instead.

About 6 months ago I screwed up and left the blank card in a jacket pocket that got crumbled and the card broke.. but I lucked out and found another unopened one on ebay for a not outrageous price.

Posted: Jul 15, 2010 8:46pm
Wow, there is NO video of the see through card on YouTube.

Maybe I'll make one...

Posted: Jul 15, 2010 8:48pm
Btw... I love how Eclipse plays, though I've never owned it. I know it must be a c--n sl--e, but its so pretty to watch, and so far I haven't *quite* figured out what sl--es from where.

Its my #1 for a Tenyo elite version, I think.
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Oh yes please make one video of See through Card !! I have never undertand the principle ( not the gimmick) of the effect ...
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
You've probably seen this one already?
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Okay I'll make one this weekend. I'll do my routine.

Would you rather I use my own force or use the forcing cards included in the kit?
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Finally I have this video on my blog :

http://tenyo-magic.blogspot.com/2010/05/t-077.html

Yes use your own forcing cards yes !
Carlo Conjurana
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Carlo Conjurana
My vote goes to my first ever Tenyo effect is "Burgalar Ball" great and it still baffles people ?

Conjurana Magic
Carlo Conjurana
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Carlo Conjurana
Hi Guys

Sorry if this is at the wrong thead ?

Can Tenyo "4 Dimensional Trunk" be handed out to be examined or not ?

Conjurana
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
I would have to assume not... but I don't own it so maybe someone who does can speak up.
xl18
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of xl18
You can hand the golf ball out but that's about it. The case itself cannot be handed out for examination.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » The most underestimated Tenyo trick (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL