The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Do Most any Nailwriter effect Without a nailwriter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Txema Gico and myself have introduced a new break thru in mentalism. The ability to do most any nailwriter effect without using a nailwriter! Nothing but a pad of paper and really empty hands. Anything can be shown to have been previously predicted on the pad. Written in pencil. No more lost gimmicks or trying to fumble with boom writers or nailwriters.

Exactly the same effects you do with nailwriters. Show a pad of paper and apparently jot down a number or word with a pencil. Place the pencil on the table and ask the participant the word or number. Immediately show that is what you wrote on the pad in pencil. Tear the sheet off and let the person keep it. Positively nothing used but the pad of paper. No secret gimmicks of any kind. Always ready to do anywhere at anytime with no preparation. Exactly the same effect the spectator would see if you were using a nailwriter, except with our method, no nailwriter is used. Other mentalists can burn your hands and see nothing. They will wonder where your gimmick is.
The participant can initial the paper before you write your prediction proving there is no switch of the prediction paper. There are no switches. Just the piece of paper and otherwise empty hands. As clean as it gets.

No Carbon or Carbonless paper is used to create the writing. The writing appears to be written with a No 2 pencil. Extremely baffling even to those who are well versed in mentalism.

With unleaded-The Write Way, you can throw away your nailwriter as being obsolete. This is really a break-thru and will open a new era of possibilities with mental effects. More details are available in this thread.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=218&16

Devin Knight
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3312 Posts

Profile of takeachance
What size is the pad of paper Devin
cheerz
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Roughly 3 x 4.5 half scratch pad size. Fits in your shirt pocket easily.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18496 Posts

Profile of IAIN
It sounds interesting, I enjoy a lot of your work...how new a method is it though (without tipping obviously)?!

I bought Tony Eye's The Write Stuff a while ago, and its great - then recently, I bought Alvo's best friend forever..and there's certainly some cross over...
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3312 Posts

Profile of takeachance
There was a similar pad I bought from an add here on the Café a year or so ago. I believe it was called "the devil pad" or something along those lines. I have them at home. Same thing but the size of a small post-it-note pad. You use your nail to write, looks like pencil. How is this different?

Just found it, "Paper's Ghost"
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18496 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Just to clarify, I meant no similarity in method between tony's and alvo's work..i just meant within a small technical aspect more than anything...

no foul intended to anyone...

I'm assuming this method is all done by specially trained bees!
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
No gimmicks, no chemicals. All you do is hold a blank pad in your hand and anything, words, cards, pictures can instantly appear in pencil writing. You use no hidden or external devices. You hold only the pad in your hand and every page is blank. There is no preparation. Whatever the persons say can instantly be shown to be written on the pad. You can immediately tear the sheet off the pad and give to him to read.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18496 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Then I shall look forward to it appearing over in the UK sometime soon!
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
The intial method may be similar to Paper's Ghost. However Txema and I have developed routines and other things such as Mental Epic effects where the writing appears. Spirit writing and other things. Being able to do nail writing without a nail writer is just ONE SMALL Aspect of all the ideas we give you.
charlesgmorgan
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of charlesgmorgan
Does the writing last the same as real pencil writing? That is, does it fade over time, under light, etc.? If I write something with real pencil and right next to it something with your technique, will there be a difference between the two over time? Can the writing be erased just like pencil writing?

Cheers ....... Charles
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3312 Posts

Profile of takeachance
If you can get it made in larger sheet sizes it would be fantastic for a sealed envelope confabulation effect
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Quote:
On 2009-04-08 20:00, charlesgmorgan wrote:
Does the writing last the same as real pencil writing? That is, does it fade over time, under light, etc.? If I write something with real pencil and right next to it something with your technique, will there be a difference between the two over time? Can the writing be erased just like pencil writing?

Cheers ....... Charles

Yes the writing looks like a real number two pencil. It should not fade for several years, but I doubt if anyone would keep it. No you can't erase the writing.

Although in the past there has been maybe two similar pads based on this idea. However, I have done research and my pads are being specially made for me, using the highest quality paper possible. It looks like a high-grade bond. I've seen another pad using a cheaper pad and the paper just didn't look right. I have spared no expense to provide the highest quality pad available.

To answer the other question. Due to the EXTREMELY high cost of this paper to make it affordable it had to be made in roughly 3 X 4.5 pads. Which for close up and to fit in the pocket is great. You can not tell my pads from a normal scratch pad you would buy in a store. It looks that natural.

However I can provide custom pads in any size. Contact me for details.

Devin
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3312 Posts

Profile of takeachance
That is sounding great, an important part for me is always professionally scripted routines. The fact that it can also be made to size is fantastic Devin. Many thanks for answering my questions, I'll be picking this up. Have you got an approximate price for this yet?
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2366 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Where can it be ordered from, I do not see a link for purchase.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Hocus Pocus has them on their web site and will have them sometime next week. The price is $20 for one pad and all the routines that I have developed, plus Txema's routines he uses.

Replacement pads are 2 for $10 which is a BARGAIN considering how expensive these are to make.

I am wrapping up directions and complete scripted routines this week.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13144 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I wish I knew that, I ordered two already. Smile

I cannot wait!
Nosretep
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Nosretep
I will be happy to get rid of my many nailwriters ha. I am sure we will have some more reviews of it soon. Thanks again.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
How many times can you use the pad before replacing?
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1523 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
This sounds really good, but I've spent so much time practicing with getting the B%*N off and on and then off again that Unleaded sounds too easy. I have to get one though. Smile
Joaquin
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of Joaquin
What happens if the spectator rubs the paper or they trace it or write with their own nail ? Unfortunately this is exactly what they do when you use a regular NW with a pencil writer. In the spectators minds the only way you can do the writting in a prediction is with a nail.

The reason they created NW with a pen or sharpie is to make the writting look different than a pencil.

Another point to consider is that some paper if you fold it the crisp leaves a mark, like a shadow, similar to a pencil writting.

I hope your concept solve these issues.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Do Most any Nailwriter effect Without a nailwriter (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL