We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Pull-apart people (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3325 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
I've seen the illusion where the person is pulled apart (street magic) or cut into (stage magic) and was wondering if anyone knows what this illusion is called and is it available. The basic effect is the person is cut into and both ends walk away or crawl away.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5110 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Do you mean the one Kevin James is doing? Or the CA knockoff?
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
899 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
If it's the CA version you're after all you need is a video editing suite, some actors and a person born with no legs...
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
The street version is approximately 120 years old...

It's pretty convincing.
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
Quote:
On 2009-04-09 03:25, gaddy wrote:
The street version is approximately 120 years old...

It's pretty convincing.

Great catch Gaddy--yeah, that one was killer.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3325 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
The one I saw was done on a picnic table. Looked like the participant was chosen by force and not random. The person was laid upon the table and pulled apart. The top half ran off on its arms and the legs stood up and moved. Another version on stage was done with a chainsaw supposedly cutting the person in half. Have seen a 3rd version where a woman is cut into and the botom half pushes the top half off stage on a gurney.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Pull-apart people (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL