The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Wine Barrel Escape (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

M.Frymus
View Profile
Loyal user
Oakville, Ontario, Canada!
293 Posts

Profile of M.Frymus
So, I was buying sm stuff from Home Depot, and was just browsing around and I found this large wine barrel for sale.
I got home and thought of using it as an escape on stage.

I was thinking of having the barrel full of ater. The lid is removable and on the inside is an attached half a circle hook. Handcuffs would be passed through that, and I woul be handcuffed to the inside of the lid. Also, there would be 4 of the old style locks on the outside of the lid and barrel, as in the milk can escape.

Im not sure if it would be a good idea to do it as an escape or any illusion. I would like your opinion on this one.
MICHAEL FRYMUS
Director of Photography

Filmming worldwide

Email: dop-michaelfrymus@live.com
amazingcarrington
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of amazingcarrington
I believe Cannon's has something along that line now. A barrel escape. The description sounds great. I've thought of purchasing one myself.
I'd go for it if you are sure about the escape method on it. I have a book by A. Conglin...(I know...I mispelled his name) and in it he describes such a barrel type escape.
It's very clever but would take some work.

Good luck and be sure to use clean water....not the "ater" as you mentioned in your post. LOL.

Carringotn
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1492 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Arthur Coghlans's barrel escape is the best ever and undetectable. Contact Cannon's great escapes for both Arthur's book and other hardware which will help you effect your escape.

Ian
Randini
View Profile
New user
U.S.A.
57 Posts

Profile of Randini
There is a prop builder up in Canada who makes high quality products and is a stickler for details. His name is Richard Sherry. You might want to check him out and you can contact him here at http://www.richardsherrysmagic.com
Richard Sherry
View Profile
Veteran user
Calgary, AB, Canada
313 Posts

Profile of Richard Sherry
Hello Frymus. How are you?

If you are interested feel free to call me on my toll free number 1-866-912-8372 and we can discuss this.

Thanks Randini for your kind words.

Take care.
Richard
M.Frymus
View Profile
Loyal user
Oakville, Ontario, Canada!
293 Posts

Profile of M.Frymus
Quote:
On 2009-04-09 01:12, amazingcarrington wrote:
Good luck and be sure to use clean water....not the "ater" as you mentioned in your post. LOL.
Carringotn

Oh, thanks for the tip! I'll remember that.
My laptop keyboard is weird. It doesn't type out all the words when I type.

Buying a winebarrel escape could cost quite a bit of money, around $1,000 or more. I figured that I could just purchase a barrel myself for under $100 and finish it off.

But, I did realize. What about the water?
How do you fill the etire barrel full of water on stage? and what about getting it off stage?
that's my main consern about this one.

Well, perhaps safety too. LOL
MICHAEL FRYMUS
Director of Photography

Filmming worldwide

Email: dop-michaelfrymus@live.com
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Yep, you've got some things to work out before you decide "who's flying the plane."
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Wine Barrel Escape (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL