The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Spider Backdrop (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Hello,

Anyone own a spider backdrop. I hear the really pack flat and are nice to use.. Any issues with them?
Alikzam
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of Alikzam
I own one. I've had it for a few months now and used it at several shows. It packs really well, sets up quickly, and looks pretty good.

I wouldn't use it at smaller shows like birthdays or anything like that, but for something in a conference hall or something it works perfect.

PM me if you have any questions.
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
I have 2 sets of Spider Backdrop. One is 6 feet by 8 feet and the other is 8 feet by 12 feet. I bought them in Germany way back 1997. As long as you use it indoors and do not hang any heavy stuff on it, you'll be fine.
I had to do several repairs on mine because my assistants used to hang the costumes behind it.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Magic4u1
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Magic4u1
I have the new spider - spider stargate 2.40x2.40
with entrance from the center.
Magicalpro
View Profile
Regular user
Denver, CO
155 Posts

Profile of Magicalpro
It looks extremely professional, without looking possibly gawdy.

the only downside is it takes space, I mean you have to have enough ceiling clearance for it, you need 7 feet 11 inches, you can not adjust the height lower, which means it will set up almost anywhere, except in some homes.

The width is a little bit more flexible, up to 12 feet wide, but because you can do away with the center entrance or even overlap the 2 units you can reduce the width down to 5 feet wide.

But I do not believe there is a more lightweight unit out there, that looks that professional.
Kurt "Lee Curtis the Magical Wizard" Flickner
Magic Estate Sale
http://www.MagicEstateSale.com
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
I love my spider. You do need ceiling clearance. However, it sets up quickly and really dresses up the performance area. Also provides great cover for working behind the unit. It does break down into it's own heavy bag for travel, and can be managed by one adult.

My 2¢

Chris
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
In most venues, I only use my Spider Curtain as a dressing room and to set up props.
When I started doing shows 30 years ago, I always had to look for a hiding place to set up and dress up, I always ended up in the comfort room. With these curtains, the worries are over.

Lou
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Spider Backdrop (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL