The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Bottom Steal in Bobo's (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Owen Thomas
View Profile
Special user
504 Posts

Profile of Owen Thomas
I'm learning this slieght and must say it looks good, but there is a problem with the coin making a sound as it is stolen away?

anyone else have this problem?
acuster
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of acuster
I know what you mean. Off the top of my head, the only two suggestions I might have are:

1) Using "soft" coins and/or covering with another noise (even a cough Smile).

2) Practice just slightly lowering the stealing hand to avoid (kind of a micro-drop) before pulling that hand away. Kind a pain to fiddle with, a bit knacky, but could be handy in the long run. I've managed to learn something similar when producing multiple coins from Downs' Palm.

Hope this helps. PM me if I'm not being clear enough (this was a bit abbreviated).

Andy
kardillusions
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, AB
544 Posts

Profile of kardillusions
Because the steal is done a tenth of a second before the coins are transferred from one hand to the other, there really is no need to cover up the sound of the coins. The audience will allow for (and even expect) some noise from the coins.

Scott.
www.hermitmagic.com
Hermit Magic Magazine
Instagram: @hermitmagicmag
Subscribe today!
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
You can drop the bottom coin onto the fingertips instead of scraping it off, but really the noise of the coins dropping into the hand as a closes is enough to explain any sound.

Click passes don't generally sound like what they imitate either.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Bottom Steal in Bobo's (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL