The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Polka Dot Silks? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tank5030
View Profile
Regular user
Portsmouth, VA
151 Posts

Profile of tank5030
Anyone know where I could get a hold of some silks with polka dots on them. I am not refering to the effect where the dots fall off of the silk. Simply a white silk with black dots, and a black silk with white dots. I would prefer 18". If you have any ideas where I could get ahold of something like this, please let me know. I have a routine I would like to use them for. Thanks.

Donnie
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Donnie,

I think you are about forty years too late.

Reprinting these on pure silk is not likely. However, the world is full of cheaper lining materials that may work for your purposes. Often it will work better. (They can be hemmed on home sewing machines.)

Even if you found the silk material, in the USA getting them hemmed up to the standards available in the rest of the world is extremely unlikely. Technology has changed and the USA did not keep up. Home sewing machines are not the solution.

Good Luck! There are certainly a great number of tricks that use this prop.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8835 Posts

Profile of funsway
There is a commercial trick that ends up with a whiet silk with black dots -- a Dalmation dog by story line. If you like I will try and find the notes -- one of the effects MY wife's Service Dog performs with me.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
Jef Eaton
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of Jef Eaton
Perhaps check ebay for a used metamorho spots. They are about that size but not silk.
kandumagic.com
<BR>jjeaton@aol.com
<BR>Creator of what my Mom thinks are the funniest kid show props around!
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7384 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Yes, you can print it on an ink jet printer but the dyes are not as permanent.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
647 Posts

Profile of revmike
There is also an effect called Spotty. While it is not really silks it comes with something close to what you are looking for and is also a great effect for the children and family entertainer. Here is a url for you.

http://themagicwarehouse.com/IP2458/Spotty.html
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
tank5030
View Profile
Regular user
Portsmouth, VA
151 Posts

Profile of tank5030
The hanks in "spotty" might work. Do you know what size they are?
The Great Danton
View Profile
Elite user
Westfield, North Carolina, USA
449 Posts

Profile of The Great Danton
I think I'll be getting on of those as well! I was looking for polka dotted silks for a jumbo size metamorpho spots I was working on.. And, it looks a pretty good effect on it's own.
"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house."
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
There are tons of ladies scarves that have the spots. You don't have to use silks.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
The Great Danton
View Profile
Elite user
Westfield, North Carolina, USA
449 Posts

Profile of The Great Danton
Actually, aren't a lot of those ladies scarves silk anyway? That's a good idea.
"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house."
Lynetta
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas, NV
111 Posts

Profile of Lynetta
I can get polka dotted silk fabric. It's not cheap, but I can get it. PM me if you're interested.

Lynetta
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Yep! Lynetta is the one to see for polka dot silk. You're not going to find them just anywhere.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Polka Dot Silks? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL