The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Occult magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sam Griffin
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
170 Posts

Profile of Sam Griffin
I am strongly interested in the occult, magick and dark matter.
I was wondering if there was a branch of magic that specilaizes on occult themes.
I'm looking for ritual kind of magic/k. Anti-christ type magic, story magick with mysterious and bizzare themes. I don't know where to start to look though. I want it impacting and real which tells the story of " We are not alone " and "The watchers are with us" The more haunting and scary the matter the better. I want to send chills done peoples bones, I want them to feel like they are in the presence of great forbiddin power. Also I was wondering if Oiuja boards are the real thing, have they worked for anyone here, any advice on it would be good. Any good books on contacting spirits and demons would be helpfull too.

Or any occult websites/forums that you think I might like? I want to be a real magician in magick, is this the wrong website for discussing this? How do you get started in a thing like this...IS it really possible there are ways of contacting the spirit world. If so...why isn't everyone doing it?
"When we are on stage, we are in the here and now."
"The eye is the window of your soul."

"The PERFORMER must BELIEVE in everything that takes place on the stage, only then will the AUDIENCE BELIEVE!
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Where does one begin? Look up things like Golden Dawn, Thelema, OTO, Aleister Crowley, Israel Regardie, and others. Look for books by Christian Chelman, Baba Gede Nibo and others you will see mentioned in these parts. Read about ghosts, vampires, zombies. Check out other religious faiths, ethnological literature, and all that. You have some wonderful resources right where you live (hint: I use Native American myths sometimes, and you have already mentioned the Antichrist myth).

Most ouija boards are real -- they are quite tangible. Smile

Why doesn't everyone contact the spirit world? Some, at least, don't believe and never try. Some, at least, are perhaps unable to. Some, at least, even though they are able to, maybe simply choose not to for fear or other motivation. And perhaps some have made contact and have never been seen again!

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1933 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
Hi Sam,

Are you meaning magick as a religious practice or as the entertainment art? Not to say the two don't blur.

The earliest Bizarrists were often into very dark and ritualistic themes, such as Tony Andruzzi and Tony Shiels, both actual witches. Tony Shiels actually abandoned using his magic for entertainment because he felt it compromised his beliefs.
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
I see no real difference between "real magic" and prestidigitation.

Perhaps you'd like to look at a website that a group of friends and I have created along the lines of the old Golden Dawn:

http://www.osogd.org

Good luck, and be careful of things that go "bump in the night". They are notorious for stubbing toes!
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
Quote:
On 2009-04-11 02:57, gaddy wrote:
I see no real difference between "real magic" and prestidigitation.

Perhaps you'd like to look at a website that a group of friends and I have created along the lines of the old Golden Dawn:

http://www.osogd.org

Good luck, and be careful of things that go "bump in the night". They are notorious for stubbing toes!

That's a great resource Gaddy - thanks.
Download a few of their diagrams - they are nicely produced, large, and can be printed or traced onto things.
[
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Thanks, Gaddy, that is a terrific site!

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
mumford
View Profile
Special user
652 Posts

Profile of mumford
Good job Gaddy. Are you doing Bizzare Magick behind the bar?
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Thanks for the comments about our Golden Dawn order, guys. We've been trying to bring the wonderful GD curriculum into the 21th century for the past 8 years. I'm pretty proud of the corpus of work that our order has produced and openly shares with the world.

I try to get weird with it behind the bar as much as possible. Bar magic in general doesn't lend itself to a bizarrist's trade, but I incorporate storytelling and strangeness into my presentations as much as possible, and my regulars know me as a magician and tarot/palm reader. These blend well together with my gypsy/bohemian persona.
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Gaddy,

Great site that you and your friends have created! I like it very much...

Thanks!

Ray
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2009-04-11 14:54, Magical Dimensions wrote:
Gaddy,

Great site that you and your friends have created! I like it very much...

Thanks!

Ray

Thank you! Please note that this isn't just "pie in the sky" or mere flights of fancy. We perform these rituals on a regular basis! In fact, we're opening up the Hall of the Neophyte just next Saturday to initiate yet another victim... I mean aspirant!

Maybe I should take this topic up in the "Stand the Test" forum. What do you guys think?
figneus
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of figneus
One that I just thought about would be the "Lesser and Greater Keys Of Solomon."

Always good for either purpose. Wether you're performing magic or magic(k).

My $0.02.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Occult magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL