The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Smelly Coin? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Ok guys, this might be a dumb question that probably has an obvious answer but hear goes, do your coins smell and what do you do about them? I have a lot of half dollars for Miser's Dream and they are really starting to smell.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
I love the smell! Wait till you do a copper miser's dream.
Can't do much about it. Clad coins, copper coins...they just have a metalic smell about them. It does not matter if you wash them. I think a chemical reation occurs when we hold them. Try sliver coins.

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
I HATE SMELLY COINS!

A paste wax coating can help, but it's a lot of work to use paste wax on coins, and it's not always a desirable end result...
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Pablo_Amira
View Profile
Special user
Temuco, Chile
682 Posts

Profile of Pablo_Amira
This can be a good effect!
jeje

"borrow a coin, put it a little of cologne on you, and later , moved the cologne to the coin in the spectator hands..."
-------------------------------------------
Asombro...lo más elevado a que puede llegar el hombre

Johann Wolfgang Goethe
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
Ooo that's a good idea Pablo! lol.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
That's a really original idea. Try and work it out in a routine. You may do this within a coin effect without referring to the smell and then involve another spectator with the coin effect (to gain time misdirection). Then do a routine without coin where you show a little bottle of perfume (like they give in hotels or samples), do a kind of spellbound for an empty bottle "tossing" the perfume towards the "prepared" spectator extended hand and ask him to let a lady in the audience try and "recognize the brand of the perfume on his hand" (this last " " being a great misdirection).
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
Pablo_Amira
View Profile
Special user
Temuco, Chile
682 Posts

Profile of Pablo_Amira
If anybody wanna take the idea and worked it.. its ok
-------------------------------------------
Asombro...lo más elevado a que puede llegar el hombre

Johann Wolfgang Goethe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Smelly Coin? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL