The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Do you smoke? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
749 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
Quote:
On 2009-04-13 00:12, noble1 wrote:
Cancer cures smoking.

Smoking cures meat.
Ray.
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
Matt Watts
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Matt Watts
If you want to smoke it is peoples rights to smoke.If I don't like it that means I don't have to be around it.I never did like cigarettes.They kill you,they make you stink,and if you kiss a chick who smokes it tastes like you just lit up one yourself. I can handle cigars they smell nice and are more classy then cigarettes.Although none of it is good for you. I am just glad to see people not using chewing tobacco or skoal. That is the single nastiest habit that I know of.Living in the South it seems you cant go anywhere without seeing it.Unfortunately all the men in my family it seems uses smokeless tobacco products.I saw this one magician I was sitting next to, dip at Unconventional during a lecture.That should definitely be a rule to magicians to refrain from that nasty habit.It is not very professional.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I think the hardest part about quiting smoking is having to deal with the smug look on the faces of the anti smokers. They seem to believe when someone quits it is a victory for them when actually they are the problem and likely cause people to continue smoking. There is nothing worse than a reformed anything.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Ya' know, smoke or no smoke, we all just have to stay focused on the positive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JndtG8Y7yfw&NR=1
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Quote:
On 2009-04-14 19:11, MagicSanta wrote:
I think the hardest part about quiting smoking is having to deal with the smug look on the faces of the anti smokers. They seem to believe when someone quits it is a victory for them when actually they are the problem and likely cause people to continue smoking. There is nothing worse than a reformed anything.

Oh my gosh...That is so incredibly right! My worst fear when I would try to quit smoking is that a reformed smoker would find out...Then regale me with stories of how they just decided to quit and they were done. No problems, just sheer willpower...24 hours later and they were a nonsmoker!
Yeah...Thats freakin inspirational. Here I am with headaches, irritable as heck and starting to twitch and they want to rub in my face how easy it is?
Not really helping there.
As it is currently, it has been 5 days since I had any sort of tobacco. I am using an e-cigarette, so I still get a dose of nicotine but without actual smoke or tar. No withdrawal of any sort, no irritability, no problems. Technically I am still a total nicotine addict, but at least there are no carcinogens.
For now, that is enough.
Gwyd
JRob
View Profile
Veteran user
Central South Carolina
395 Posts

Profile of JRob
Been smoking pipes and cigars for 20+ years and never had the desire to have a cigarette mainly because of the difference in cigarette smoking. You don't see see cigars among those huddled around outside for their smoking break . People who smoke pipes and cigars generally do not try to get in a quickie because they are smoked slowly and relaxingly, often with a drink. The smoke is not inhaled.
Life insurance actuarial tables show that moderate pipe and cigar smokers as having longer life expectancy than some non-smokers.
Consider this:
George Burns-5 cigars a day-lived to age 100(died of old age)
Groucho Marks lived to age 97-smoked cigars(died of old age)
Marlboro Man-smoked the stuff he advertised and dies of cancer at age 59
do the math baaaabyyyyy
"Jim Roberts, AKA: Professor Jay Rob "<br>
The Professor's Facebook Page
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
Gwyd, I've never smoked, but know plenty that do still smoke and several that have stopped. My oldest brother and Dad both quit smoking. My dad made it seem easy, just sucked on a lot of hard candy and put on a few pounds. It was a real fight for my brother, but he pulled it off. That's great to hear you've made it 5 days so far. Best of luck to you. I really hope your on your way to a smoke free life.
Take care, Bob.
McAllisterMagic
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of McAllisterMagic
I go through two lighters a day.. is that a lot?
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
I smoked cigars and pipes for a few years in my 30s. At that time, I also worked at Tinder Box, so was able to get the good tobaccos and pipes and become an expert on the subject. My favorite cigar was the Hoyo De Monterey panatella. My favorite pipe blend was half Celtic Vanilla and half Burley Light. My favorite pipes were an alligator-finish Savinelli, and a signed Eric Nording Freehand (both 3/4 bend).

I quit for health reasons, giving most of my pipes to a friend who also smoked. I kept two pipes (gifts) as keepsakes, one being an Ascorti First. The other was a skull-shaped briar.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Poveglia
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, FL
240 Posts

Profile of Poveglia
I smoke, and everyone around me either smokes, dips and drinks. The we raise hell.....

Army life....../sigh
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1083 Posts

Profile of BCS
I started to quit smoking and went about a week…. Then I had to go through and be part of an 84 people layoff with the company I work for.

I will try again.
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
8 yrs. smoke free for me...

Cardamagically,
Dom.
:) Smile
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
No. But I drink.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
hou_dini
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of hou_dini
August will be 14 yrs smoke free. Still want one once in a while but won't do it.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Next week is my 11th or 12th anniversary of not smoking.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On 2009-05-07 13:41, critter wrote:
No. But I drink.

HA! Me too, Critter, me too.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
10 years ago I quit a 3 pack a day love affair with smoking. I saw a show on how the tobacco industry contributed money to the film industry to have smoking in films. Subconsciously I was emulating James Bond and Dean Martin. I hate being covertly manipulated, so I quit.

I LOVE second hand smoke from a pretty girl. lol. Is it harmful? Maybe/maybe not. Smokers can live to 90 or die at 49. Same for non smokers.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
I am a non-smoker and I don't drink.

Quote:
On 2009-04-11 23:44, Cory Chapin wrote:
I quit two years ago (with the Lord's help)

The Lord cares if you smoke? that's a new one...
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
I don't smoke but I do inhale.

I'm a second hand smoker, not by choice, by being a New Yorker. You can't walk down any street without some smoker blowing clouds on you...
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2009-05-08 14:25, Justin Style wrote:
I don't smoke but I do inhale.

I'm a second hand smoker, not by choice, by being a New Yorker. You can't walk down any street without some smoker blowing clouds on you...

If they do that, can you throw a cream soda in their face and call it even?

Now I want to go to Katz's deli for a pastrami on rye. Sigh.....
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Do you smoke? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL