The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Preservation - Signed Card in Sealed deck +more » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Suux88
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of Suux88
Hey,
Here is my new effect called Preservation which is a method to accomplish a signed card in a factory sealed deck. The deck is 100% examinable after the new revelation and I repeat NO SLITS!

The method also allows you to stack a factory sealed deck to perform incredible mentalism or color changing deck routines etc.

Check it out here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAFZUhgKA......nel_page

I'm interested to see how many of you are actually interested, or have knowledge of such methods and want to discuss originality in my route to getting it published.
(There are no SLITS)

P.S - The method alone to stack a factory sealed deck is amazing in itself if you choose not to stray away from signed card in sealed deck plot.

Regards,
Chris
MBrook3902
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of MBrook3902
Sounds interesting
MB
It takes 4 to 6 minutes for the brain to die without oxygen. I can fix anything in that amount of time.
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4318 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Hi Chris;

Thanks, and Happy Easter:D

Sixten
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Hey Chris,

I like the way you are thinking. There's a Paul Harris trick that uses the a similar methodology as well as Bob Solari's Cunning Card Case.

Check that out at:

http://www.gmrcreations.com/bob/under15.htm#cunningcardcase

In regards to how you get the card into a box without putting a slit in. I like your play on words! You can load a box without putting a slit in. Smile

Best,

Doug L.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Bob Solari's "Cunning Card Case" is a completely different effect.

Chris was kind enough to share this with me today, and I think it's very clever. However, I don't know if it is entirely original or not. Obviously, there are other signed card to sealed card box effects out there. But, like I said, this is very clever.

Robert
Suux88
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of Suux88
Quote:
On 2009-04-11 21:43, Robert M wrote:

Chris was kind enough to share this with me today, and I think it's very clever. However, I don't know if it is entirely original or not. Obviously, there are other signed card to sealed card box effects out there. But, like I said, this is very clever.

Robert

Thanks for the kind words, and honest opinion

Yes, it's very difficult to assess originality since Cyril for eg. (among others) has not published a method,
But I am very proud of the method, and if politics do come into play...

I might release it as a solution to Factory Sealing a stacked deck, cellophane and all.
Currently talking with some dealers

Regards,
Chris
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1133 Posts

Profile of APC
I can reseal a pack of cards, but not during a performance. Sealing a stack I think people have come up with before, or at least I have somewhat of a method I assume others have stumbled upon.
Adam
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2240 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Chris,

Also was kind enough to share this with me today, and I agree with Robert M about the it being clever.
The gimmick will work like a charm, and the overall effect is of pure astonishment, you can use it for many things, including the ACR.

I am not sure if this is original or not, but I do know that there are some effects that accomplish the same effect but through different ways of executing and gimmicks.

I think if the proper investigating is done or permission is granted if there is a method already out there, I am sure with proper crediting that you can put this out, you just have to be careful and sure before doing so.

I think its a really good gimmick plus you get a lot of mileage with NO SLITS, as well as incorporating it into mentalism or other cool effects.

Thanks

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Suux88
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of Suux88
Thanks to all those who have showed interest or PM'd me with feedback.

Thanks Robert and Alex, for your honest reviews. I don't know these people, I am still new to magic and the Café but I came to Robert for help with my effect and Alex showed interest and I wanted their honest, non-biased opinions.

I myself must agree the gimmick is clever and I fool myself each time I see a factory sealed deck knowing what it's been through
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-04-11 21:43, Robert M wrote:

I was referring to the gimmick used in Cunning Card Case. Not the effect. They are obviously very different..

Thanks,

Doug
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4283 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Why would anyone do this with a slit? Is that even a method published anywhere?

There was a bit of an internet tussle over Cyril's spot, as many thought it might be Shawn Farquhar's method which he hasn't released yet (waiting for FISM win with it first I believe).

Shawn would be a good first goto on this, I'd think.

I've resealed packs both legitimately(i.e. re-done cellophane) and for during an effect (obviously some tradeoffs), but I can't say a slit has ever entered my mind as a possible solution...
Suux88
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of Suux88
The slit version is sealed suprise, which uses an indicator card like card to wallet to direct the card into the proper location.
I've been doing it for half a year, but recently devised my method, which I use exclusively now.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
When did you devise your method?
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2955 Posts

Profile of niva
By mistake I closed the browser before I actually posted this earlier this morning. So here goes again.

I would be careful with this. It's not even Cyril's. This was created by Shawn Farquhar even before 2003. I saw him perform it both at FISM 2003 and 2006. He has not released it yet as he wishes to win FISM with it first. I eagerly await that time.

Just so you know.
Yours,

Ivan
Suux88
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of Suux88
The effect is performed by Shawn, but the plot has been around for ages, even before most of us were born.
It's difficult to assess the originality of my method because he has yet to publish...

until he publishes it, is it not fair game? (Darwin and Wallace)
For all you know my method may be completely different....
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2955 Posts

Profile of niva
The presentation surely isn't. That's exactly like Cyrils. The use of Paul Harris's gimmick is also the same.

When one tries to reverse engineer an effect, it's difficulat to end up with a completely different method.

Yes there are countless effects with the same plot, but none like Shawn's.

BTW Shawn does in his hands rather than on the table with different people covering the cards, like Cyril does.
Yours,

Ivan
Suux88
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of Suux88
I am not trying to pick a fight
but what I was trying to say is the plot has been around LOOONG time, so Shawn reversed engineered it himself... and therefore can't claim sole ownership of this effect which seems the case...

Every creation if you think about it is reversed engineered... for eg// you have a levitation in mind, then you reverse engineer it... You don't go, 'O let's try out a bunch stuff and see what the end product is.. maybe a color change, a levitation or a teleportation...'
You have to start with the effect and then devise a method to achieve it.

It was my mistake to put it as Cyril ACR ending
bc I actually use it as an effect itself, or a card to wallet effect, but instead of wallet a sealed deck...
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2955 Posts

Profile of niva
Let me explain what reverse engineering is.

After the iPhone came out, another "version" came out soon after made in China. It was almost the same, not of the smae quality though. That's reverse engineering. They took the phone, dismantled it and reconstructed it. Nothing new or better came out.

On the other hand HTC touch phone and others came out later. What they did is they took the basic concepts and reapplied them in a different format and look, and they took away and added other things. That is not just reverse engineering. It's more.

What you did here is what the Chinese did with the iPhone. Took the effect apart, and constructed it again. Basically you re invented the wheel. A little research would have told you that this was not even Cyril's effect. It's the least you could have done.

I tried to help you out by pointing you in the right direction, but it's the usual thing I guess...

Try and invent a new route to the effect, that would be cool.
Yours,

Ivan
Suux88
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of Suux88
Pretending the iPhone isn't on the market;
How can you re-invent an iPhone if it's not the on market

same

how can I re-invent (apparently) Shawn's effect, if it's not on the market

how do you know Shawn didn't reverse engineer his version,
like I said the plot has been around before him, and I did contact Shawn fyi,

how do you know my method is the same? What if I made an HTC touch? But we can't compare 'MY' HTC touch to 'HIS' iPhone which isn't on the market

I don't think I said once in this thread this was Cyril's trick.
You also say I re-invented the wheel. Well how do we know what a wheel is if it isn't published or on the market.
Kit
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Kit
I am currently working on releasing my version of a signed card to sealed deck, which is in new deck order. I have been working on this for a number of months and have already posted a link in the Café a while ago.

My version also doesn't, to quote Chris "use slits". It also doesn't use the cover of a silk or the use of a g*****ked joker. Everything needed can be made from one card case and won't take any longer than 5 minutes to make. No switching involved, no angles to worry about.

It is simply a shrinked wrapped box which can be opened by the spectator, the spectator can also freely spread and handle the cards themselves and find their signed card in the new deck order.

I am interested to see the method behind this.

Kit
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Preservation - Signed Card in Sealed deck +more » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL