The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Susan Boyle - Britains Got Talent 2009 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4996 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
That was pretty good. She may well be on her way to stardom.

http://news.scotsman.com/entertainment/T......63658.jp
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
749 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
I watched this on telly last night,the lady can't half belt it out!!
Lo and behold,she's in the paper today after a makover.When the press move as fast as that you know the P.R. Mechanism is already ticking over.
I predict a Paul Potts moment coming on!
Ray.
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I dunno. I think they're trying to re-do a Paul Potts moment. But: 1., how can you re-do something like that? and 2., she isn't Paul Potts. Not even in the same ball park.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
Don't know who Paul Potts is, but I enjoyed the performance, though it seemed to be a bit set-up. In fact, even though I am deathly allergic to all things Andrew Lloyd Webber, I still liked her singing.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
You guys think maybe they're setting her up, then? As in, all is not as it seems?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Slartibartfast
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern Illinois
230 Posts

Profile of Slartibartfast
I think she is legit (and has a beautiful voice), but my guess is that they are looking for a specific type to do the ugly-duckling-turned-opera-star bit again, since the audiences seem to love it the last time around.
If you can pull it off in a biker bar without being violated by a corn dog, more power to you.
-- Gwyd, the Unusual

"YOUR Signature...speaks volumns (sic) as to your lack of understanding."
--T.V.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Pop singers do not make it if they need a bag over their head. It's the way of the world sadly. She does look like she could be a singing Nun but most likely she's in for Voice Over dubbing in animation.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Even at that, (doing animation) she will probably be making better money and living what she might consider an exciting life, compared to what is her current lot in life.

She reminds me of Julia Child, the French Chef!..but she seems like such a sweet lady inside. It's really sad that the society we live in judges so much on the outward, rather than what's in the heart.

But I think Startibartfast may be onto something with his assessment of the situation.."The ugly duckling turned star". Knowing the way these guys work, that's a pretty plausible scenario.

Still, on the other side of the coin, the looks on the judges faces, the dropped jaws, etc, and the tears streaming don their face seemed hard to fake...

And one more point I want to make. She has a wonderful voice, no doubt, but did you notice, she also had the stage poise to go with it. Her manifest confidence went a long way. She obviously BELIEVED in herself, and in her dream. Those elements are invaluable when it comes to talent competition.

The poor girl, the only thing she really lacked was the natural "prettiness." Let's see what miracle they can work with a makeover!

Now I'll shut up..for now.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
Nice idea about doing voice overs Doug. Maybe that's how they'll allow this to play out.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
No doubt. These guys are "pulling the strings"
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Aside from the nice voice.... I liked her spunk,and sense of humor.She also seemed honest and down to earth.

Of course she could use a little advice in the beauty dept.[Like getting an eyebrow job-yikes!].However,I personally would prefer someone like her over a bimbo with a ton of make up and no personality.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
She's no Paul Potts, but she did impress. She has a great voice for the piece she chose. Thanks for the link.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2009-04-13 21:26, RicHeka wrote:
Aside from the nice voice.... I liked her spunk,and sense of humor.She also seemed honest and down to earth.

Of course she could use a little advice in the beauty dept.[Like getting an eyebrow job-yikes!].However,I personally would prefer someone like her over a bimbo with a ton of make up and no personality.

Absolutely. take the sweet, homely girl with a GOOD HEART over the bimbo any day hands down.

(But yeah, the eye brow job is not a bad idea!) but on the other hand, brows didn't stop Brook Shields.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Ah...but with Brooke, the eye brows were a clue to something else...Smile
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2448 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
On the other hand, the audience was way over the top ... they were applauding every key change in the song as though she had written it herself. Glurge.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
I wondered if this would show up here. A great performance, I liked when simon's eyes really showed surprise at the beginning.

Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gak14Rz5ZfE
goosebumps.
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2009-04-14 09:45, Doug Higley wrote:
Ah...but with Brooke, the eye brows were a clue to something else...Smile

I'm not gonna touch that one, Doug!
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Quote:
On 2009-04-13 12:15, landmark wrote:
Don't know who Paul Potts is, but I enjoyed the performance, though it seemed to be a bit set-up. In fact, even though I am deathly allergic to all things Andrew Lloyd Webber, I still liked her singing.

Andrew Lloyd Webber? Huh?!? The song she sang was from Les Misérables. Last time I checked, Webber had nothing whatsoever to do with Les Misérables.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
Ah that explains it then.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Susan Boyle - Britains Got Talent 2009 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL