The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Very Deceptive Table! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
briansmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
507 Posts

Profile of briansmagic
So...does anyone know what Wakeling effect used this principle?
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
Windshear...
Craig Dickens
View Profile
Veteran user
368 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickens
Hi Brian, Not every Wakeling creation is in the book. Alan worked for years with Don Bice creating amazing trade show effects and collaborated with Jim Steinmeyer on several things, especially near the end. He also built amazing Automatons for private collectors. I cannot go into much detail on a public forum, but he suggested the method after seeing a different fan penetration. As I understand it, he said something to the order of, "well if it was me I would use a------".
e-mail at:magicaldickens@aol.com
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2476 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Quote:
On 2009-04-16 19:36, Craig Dickens wrote:
"well if it was me I would use a------".

That was Alan's genius. He was at Hollywood Magic and Earl Nelson was showing him a weird effect where a rhinestoned cube, changed into a ball, then into a flat disk. He watched the routine and said, "If it was me I would do it as the story of how a coin is made, from a cube of raw silver, to a round sphere to a flat disk, to a coin. That of course turned into "The Mint"

He could always uncover the essence of what a routine needed to be.
Ray Pierce
<BR>www.HollywoodAerialArts.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Very Deceptive Table! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL