The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Music Number Filler- Help Needed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1361 Posts

Profile of M Sini
I'm preparing for a meeting I have scheduled next week with the producer of a large beauty pageant. Though I don't have all the details, I'll tell you what I have. She wants me to perform a number with the contestants which will last about 3 1/2 minutes. There will be no talking during the performance as it will all be done to music. I've attached a link to the song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx7cF8T4F44
(I promise I'm not Rick Rolln' ya) Anyway, she wants me to do something BIG at the end, which I have no problem with. We'll most likely do some sort of production of one of the girls or something. Either way, I have a lot of larger illusions I can show her to figure out which will work best.

So, what is my question? She wants me to do a few bits of magic during the song before the big ending. Below are a few of my ideas. Obviously, I'm not ging to do them all but can you guys think of anything else? The magic will have to be quick and visual. The number will be performed in front of a live audience of about 1,000 and broadcast on TV. The show is in a little over two months. For the meeting next week I just want to have a list of ideas to put in front of her to explain.

That's about all the information I have right now. Thanks to everyone in advance.

Appearing Cane
Floating Rose
Floating Cigarrete
Rose Productions
Vanishing Lit Candle
Card throws/Spins
AlexBorsci
View Profile
New user
Italy!
34 Posts

Profile of AlexBorsci
Lit a sigarette whit the candle and make it float, later make a rose appear from a flash flame, do a little manipulation whit the rose and a silk, put the rose in mouth and make the candle gone!

Ciaoooooooooooooooooo
AlexBorsci
View Profile
New user
Italy!
34 Posts

Profile of AlexBorsci
Or do just the floating rose routine!
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Anything with roses would be nice as well as appropriate for the situation. If you had access to/experience with a Crystal Casket, you could produce the real rose at the end of Kevin James' Floating Rose, put the rose into the Casket, cover it, and produce the girl holding the rose. I'm sure it's been done, but it could make for an amazing and beautiful closer.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Never mind... I just listened to the song, and it doesn't seem like "pretty" is what you are shooting for...
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
akolodner
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of akolodner
There is a great linking ring routine on The new Pendragon videos. His style of handling the rings would work with the feel of your music.
Arnie Kolodner
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1361 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Quote:
On 2009-04-13 15:59, ClintonMagus wrote:
Never mind... I just listened to the song, and it doesn't seem like "pretty" is what you are shooting for...

Yeah, music wasn't my choice.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Music Number Filler- Help Needed (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL