The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Have some Tea? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Quote:
On 2009-04-15 18:56, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-04-15 14:04, kcg5 wrote:
You may be right Justin, But Capt. PIcard loved his earl grey!!!

I have been fighting this reference all day!

Danny, you cant fight it. You will be assimulated. (sp, not up on my Borg)
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Gwyd,

I did read a study where it was reported that dunking tea bags vastly increases the amount of anti-oxidants released into the tea, making it healthier. Anti-oxidants are also more prevalent in freshly-brewed coffee (as opposed to coffee that's been sitting a while), which I prefer to drink anyway.

Which reminds me, I missed this morning's cup! Gotta go brew some up (french press, of course.)

-Erik
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Erik,
I believe this is indeed true and it makes sense. Dunking forces the tea to break down and release more of its components, but it also bruises the flavor releasing flavors into the brew that are best left in the leaves.
It all depends what you are drinking the tea for, flavor or strictly for health reasons. A proper cup of tea drank for enjoyment should be properly steeped.
Heathen.
Gwyd
JTW
View Profile
Special user
Florida
670 Posts

Profile of JTW
A nice English Breakfast from Twinings one yellow packet of sweetner and a dash of milk (preferably cream- I do have a sweet tooth). Served with a nice chocolate biscuit.

Landmark tell me you were joking. Its really sad if you aren't.
asithlord
View Profile
New user
johnathan townsends daily hobbie is
98 Posts

Profile of asithlord
Yorkshire tea for me
don't like tetley but the wife keeps buying it
I prefer stronger stuff
milk and sugar
mornings are the best time and with toast
jay00513
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of jay00513
I like a little "shroom" tea now and again......
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Longshoremen making a 'living wage'? Dude, they make one heck of a living wage, most engineers don't make that much of a living wage.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2009-04-16 18:57, MagicSanta wrote:
Longshoremen making a 'living wage'? Dude, they make one heck of a living wage, most engineers don't make that much of a living wage.

Most engineers don't work in strenuous, life threatening situations. Longshoremen have a much higher percentage of being seriously injured or dying on the job than does the average engineer.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Based on when I was in transportation the truckers deserved more money then cuz the longshoremen crushed 'em pretty often. They do have a more likelyhood of injury than an engineer though. Now that I think of it pretty much everyone has a higher likelyhood of injury than an engineer, well, maybe not an accountant.
Tom Bartlett
View Profile
Special user
Our southern border could use
763 Posts

Profile of Tom Bartlett
I prefer to pay for my own tea, as opposed to have it paid for by the government, with money taken from a hard working small business owner.
Our friends don't have to agree with me about everything and some that I hold very dear don't have to agree about anything, except where we are going to meet them for dinner.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Dunno Santa, I saw my accountant the other day and she was suffering a purdy severe paper cut! No doubt it could have been avoided had she not been stressed by the April 15th deadline!

I met some Longshoremen back in my canoe club days and the wage they were pulling even back in the mid 70's was pretty impressive!
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Why is it that no one considers the possiblity that it isn't Longshorman that are getting paid too much but that most everyone else is getting paid too little.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Jay
I know what shrooms are, but I never heard of shroom tea.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Quote:
On 2009-04-16 17:58, jay00513 wrote:
I like a little "shroom" tea now and again......

Always fun. Not in years though..

kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Al, I forgot the recipe, but I think we just dumped the mushrooms in a pot of water. taste better drinking it that eating it!

landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5018 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2009-04-16 12:46, JTW wrote:
A nice English Breakfast from Twinings one yellow packet of sweetner and a dash of milk (preferably cream- I do have a sweet tooth). Served with a nice chocolate biscuit.

Landmark tell me you were joking. Its really sad if you aren't.

My son always says if you have to tell 'em it's a joke, it wasn't a very funny one . . . Smile
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3232 Posts

Profile of gaddy
I prefer my tea to be a bland, pre-packaged, well advertised, corporately produced spectacle (ironically funded by the coffee retailer's lobbyist PR firms. But I'm quite sure that has nothing to do with it at all...) with just a hint of acknowledgment of my very real-but-just-below-the-surface distaste of particularly dark blends of tea.

Even though my taste for a good honest cup of tea is very real, I'll always settle for the above if it's shoved down my gullet with a good does of saccharine sweetness and a milky white watered down taste to suit my sensibilities.

Mind you, I'm talking about my taste in particular, and certainly no one else's taste in tea.
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
According to headlines today, I see that "coffee" is the new "tea".

Happy Coffee Day, you coffee beaners.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Have some Tea? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL