We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Final Answer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1917 Posts

Profile of DT3
This is very obviously not a magic trick, so please don't treat it as such.

Here's the thing: it WILL work. I promise you.

But it will only work if you TRULY believe it works, and if your spectator truly believes it works.

That being said, you can confidently believe in your ability to create a miracle.

Don't believe=won't work.

Do believe= ;-)

I don't post much over here in the "bizarre" section much. I love this area but I'm a little intimidated to share over here due to the strength of the storytelling skills I have witnessed amongst you all.

As I type/write/thumb this:

The RMS Titanic hit an iceberg at 20 minutes before midnight (check my timestamp) or...more importantly, exactly 97 years ago.

It's a sad anniversarry for a worldly and historical tradgedy.

My timing may be a little bit off for international participants, as I am working with US EST, my time zone.

Imagine for a minute, we step into a glorious ethereal orb and once we cross the threshold it becomes obvious that neither time nor place exist.

Imagine you are on the great ship. The ship has broken. Depending on availability of lifeboat seats, this may be your last night alive or your first night in life.

At this moment, (and really place yourself there for a momen)t... Think of a digit between one and ten.

Don't pick the number seven please, for obvious reasons. Do you have a number?

Please write it down on a piece of paper, fold it up and place it aside, as you will need it tomorrow.

Tomorrow you are in front of your "victim."

You explain that exactly 97 years ago, 1500+ people perished due to the horrible Titanic tradgedy.

You tell them:

"Imagine you are on the great ship. You have been notified that the vessell will sink within two hours. It's a mathematical certainty. I know this would be a weird thing to ask at this moment, but think of a digit betwen one and ten. Don't choose seven for obvious reasons. You have it? Depending on your situation and nobility, the number you are right now merely thinking of represents the lifeboat that you are focusing on."

At this point you pull the paper from your pocket where you originally wrote your number. It is still folded up.

You ask your spectator to name the number of the lifeboat that they are thinking of. They open the folded paper and of course the number is the same as the one your victim just spoke aloud.

;-)

No tricks or sleights. It is exactly what it is. Please try and report back success/not success.

There is no right or wrong #. It WILL work if you TRULY DO believe. ThAt is the key.
puppeterry
View Profile
Regular user
Sanger, CA
114 Posts

Profile of puppeterry
First attempt. I had six, test subject had four.

NOT SUCCESS
TV Mc Arthur
The Librician
Fresno (CA) County Public Library
"They don't get better.....just faster."
magus
View Profile
Special user
Huntington Beach, Ca
668 Posts

Profile of magus
Do I believe I'm sending, or receiving a number?
crappy deium-

what a lousy day to be seized

thaumometer-

a device for measuring a magical field
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1917 Posts

Profile of DT3
Puppeterry.

Ironic. Four was my target. I managed to hit it 4 out of 5 attempts today.

Just me maybe?

D
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1917 Posts

Profile of DT3
Puppeterry.

Ironic. Four was my target. I managed to hit it 4 out of 5 attempts today.

Just me maybe?

D
ghostgaff
View Profile
Regular user
North Carolina
106 Posts

Profile of ghostgaff
As I read this, I thought of a number myself (5) and wrote that down. I then tried this ad the subject also said 5. I think this little experement works well if you have worked with Suggestion-based tricks before so the signals you give off subliminally work. If there isn't a doubt in your mind that they will pick the selected number, there is a better chanse the spectater will pick the number.
"The prince of darkness is a gentleman"-
"All the world's a stage, and the people merley actors."-
Shakespeare
David Parr
View Profile
V.I.P.
875 Posts

Profile of David Parr
This is the most brilliant method ever. All I have to do is truly BELIEVE it will work and it WILL work! So simple. I can't believe I wasted so many years learning and practicing when belief was the key all along. That McArthur grant should be appearing in your mailbox any day now.

Postscript:

I believed too hard and burst a blood vessel in my forehead. And the person picked the wrong number. I don't know what to do now. You have destroyed my belief system and given me nothing to replace it with.
Brain Food, A Game of Life & Death, Proof Positive, and Paper Prophecies
available at http://www.davidparr.com/store
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3811 Posts

Profile of The Curator
David, you were on the wrong lifeboat. You died and your ghost is now haunting the green board... Sorry to tell you that but now, you may rest in peace.
David Parr
View Profile
V.I.P.
875 Posts

Profile of David Parr
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Brain Food, A Game of Life & Death, Proof Positive, and Paper Prophecies
available at http://www.davidparr.com/store
Ken The Klown
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of Ken The Klown
David, since you're dead and all...can I have your Zombie effect? And your White City prediction?

I believe those actually work.
BIlly James
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of BIlly James
I tried this but couldn't picture a number, instead the words 'self deluded' kept coming to mind?!?!

:devilish:
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Final Answer (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL