The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » C.T.G by Max (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
acuster
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of acuster
Man, I like that, fooled me nicely! I personally have never seen a handling like that, but I haven't explored the coin thru glass genre. Time to start digging through the various sources that folks have mentioned here.

Andy
jhereg
View Profile
Regular user
Petaluma California
121 Posts

Profile of jhereg
I think it is a great impromptu effect. And live I am sure it kills. The problem with youtube, as we all know, is being able to watch it over can give it away.
tstark
View Profile
Loyal user
Arizona
267 Posts

Profile of tstark
The difference between the Ross Bertram handling and this one is that the mouth of the glass was capped completely by the other hand (besides the aforementioned fact that the glass in Bertram's method is held horizontally). I have video footage of Ross Bertram performing his penetration and it is the capping of the glass that makes the difference. In both the ellusionist version mentioned above and yours the open glass severely weakens the effect. I am impressed by your innovative approach to this classic though and as a portion of a longer routine it would make a unique addition.
solidimageartsllc
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
176 Posts

Profile of solidimageartsllc
In a word, BEAUTIFUL. I was totally fooled the first few times that I watched it but others are right, playing it over and over on youtube is not helpful. I'd retape it and watch your angles. -Dan
Take infinite pain to make something look effortless - Michelangelo
maxmaximus
View Profile
New user
austria
93 Posts

Profile of maxmaximus
Hi all,

yes I know its hard to trick a camera...

but as a layman you would only watch the coin, try yourselve - only focus on the coin, and believe me you will be fooled...i always try to look at a new illusion as I am a layman (its hard I know)...

next week (hopefully) I will show you my handling of the coin through glass table plot...some basic conditions: one gimmick is involved...i only use one coin (can be signed), the coin before the penetration is the coin after the penetration...super easy...i think you will like it...

greetz max
RamonT
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of RamonT
Quote:
On 2009-04-19 05:34, maxmaximus wrote:
Hi all,

yes I know its hard to trick a camera...

but as a layman you would only watch the coin, try yourselve - only focus on the coin, and believe me you will be fooled...i always try to look at a new illusion as I am a layman (its hard I know)...

next week (hopefully) I will show you my handling of the coin through glass table plot...some basic conditions: one gimmick is involved...i only use one coin (can be signed), the coin before the penetration is the coin after the penetration...super easy...i think you will like it...

greetz max

Max,

I look forward to it.

Ramon.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » C.T.G by Max (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL