The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Urban Exploring - My strange hobby... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mogwai II
View Profile
Veteran user
The Alpes
314 Posts

Profile of Mogwai II
Hi everybody

I thought I'd share my favorite hobby with you guys: Urban Exploring.

You go out and find building that are empty for a long time, schools, hospitals, hotels or private homes and explore them. Its a very magical feeling to enter a place that hasnt seen human souls in quite some time.

We make pictures and enjoy the creepy, weird atmosphere...

You don't take anything, and you don't break things. You are respectful to the ghosts of the building.
Urban Explorers sum it up with: "We only take pictures and we only leave footprints."

Here's an example:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=90......cddc954e

(The girl is my girlfriend Katrin, the guy with the Jeans-Jacket is my best buddy, and the other guy with the leather Cap, well that's me Smile )

Anybody of you guys did similar things?
"You'll wonder when he comes, you'll wonder more when he's gone..."
Mogwai II
View Profile
Veteran user
The Alpes
314 Posts

Profile of Mogwai II
Sorry for the double post Smile

Btw: This is an old villa in the center part of Locarno, Switzerland. It belonged to an old family of doctors.
"You'll wonder when he comes, you'll wonder more when he's gone..."
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Here in the US these days in certain cities, you'ld be taking pictures of crack addicts, urine puddles and the occasional body part.

As a kid though, I use to love to do this...was scary as hell and fun!

Thanks for the photos! Can't believe there are mementos and pictures still in place.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Quote:
On 2009-04-15 18:15, Mogwai II wrote:
Sorry for the double post Smile

Btw: This is an old villa in the center part of Locarno, Switzerland. It belonged to an old family of doctors.

Doctor Frankenstein?
Harlequin
View Profile
Special user
Melbourne, Australia
686 Posts

Profile of Harlequin
I can't believe that there empty places like that and yet so many homeless people in the world. I'm curious as to whether the place was 'open' or if you had to 'circumvent' the locks on the place?
Bob Clayton
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of Bob Clayton
Quote:
On 2009-04-15 18:12, Mogwai II wrote:

Anybody of you guys did similar things?

Yep, finding and exploring the old buildings is half the fun. Smile

Below is a mix of both studio and abandon property shoots I've taken. The abandon property shots are: 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12, 16, 18, and 19 (half my port! hehe)
http://www.modelmayhem.com/pics.php?id=459512

And this is a series I recently shot at the Eastern State Penitentiary - "Descent into Madness" (scroll down to view all images)
https://home.comcast.net/~coffeeboiler/ESP2.htm
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Urban Exploring - My strange hobby... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL