The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Very Best of Al Mann - - - what say you (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wash
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of wash
For me, it was the lexicon phenomena. It's clever application of an unorthodox method made my head spin. I've improved it a lot, and understand devin knight has released some improvement/wrinkle on it.

My question to you is - what piece of work of his has really 'spoken' to you. What gave you that little moment we sometimes experience when we read something for the first time and say "wow, now that I like, and that I'll use".
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2619 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
The links above provided by nicolino say it all.
Dick Christian
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Acidus Plus looks like it must have been a revolutionary manuscript at the time. It marked the first appearances of Millard Longman’s Acidus Novus and Al Mann’s Azonic Force (as well as a hybrid technique called Azonic Rent.)
tiptophat
View Profile
Loyal user
Wesley
269 Posts

Profile of tiptophat
If you like billet work its all about Purloined Thought.....its the billet bible as far as I am concerned.
Matthew Townsend
View Profile
Inner circle
1302 Posts

Profile of Matthew Townsend
I pretty much am an Al Mann fiend.

I have most of his works and I aim to get them all by the end of this year.

My fav has to be 101 Psychic Feats as it was the first one I purchased.

I still refer back to it when I am looking for new ideas.

Peace & love

Matt
cpbartak
View Profile
Special user
Mooresville, NC
941 Posts

Profile of cpbartak
Out of the few I've read, 'The ***ed Thing' had the piece that most sparked the imagination for me.
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
What is "The ***ed Thing" ?
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Quote:
On 2009-04-24 17:25, ElliottB wrote:

A book by Ambrose Bierce ...
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
cpbartak
View Profile
Special user
Mooresville, NC
941 Posts

Profile of cpbartak
Quote:
On 2009-04-24 17:25, ElliottB wrote:

it appears I somehow left out a letter. there should be four stars and the first letter in the sequence is a d. I didn't choose to put the stars, the word gets bleeped out on here.
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
This was a manuscript which concerned Sadie Hawkins, a girl from Dogpatch who was never able to get a date and, through the efforts of her father, became "The Dated Thing."

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thanks guys. Your extra clues allowed me to find the book test description on Mann's bibliography site. It sounds interesting, but not up my alley.

Thanks again,

Elliott
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Well I have to say I am so impressed with The Glass Box Prediction manuscript that I'm going to have to say that is my favorite. I know it is shared with Devin Knight too but Al Mann was from what Devin said a huge part in it. It's fun to do and logical.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I have some live tapes of Al Mann. Very inspiring!!!
(Not the DVD Smile )
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
cpbartak
View Profile
Special user
Mooresville, NC
941 Posts

Profile of cpbartak
Quote:
On 2009-04-25 21:11, ElliottB wrote:
Thanks guys. Your extra clues allowed me to find the book test description on Mann's bibliography site. It sounds interesting, but not up my alley.

Thanks again,

Elliott

it's not so much the booktest itself that I like, as I'm not really a fan of book tests, but the method used that I found original and potentially applicable to several other settings.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Very Best of Al Mann - - - what say you (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL