The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Mock up promo video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
This is a mock up promo video. We are not in costume, we are only going through the motions of the effects, we skipped the choreography, there is no audience, and I look like crap. I did this to get familiar with the editing software. I want feedback on the editing, special effects, and choice of material. This is in NO way, shape, or form the final product. Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d4l5SzP-lo
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Here is attempt #2. Again it is a mock-up and not the finished product.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILf2HF5UvjA Smile
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
One thing I would change is font at the end with your booking information. While I think it looks cool, I find it hard to read. Perhaps a brighter color of red would help or maybe a change of font.

It's hard to give mush more feedback since it's a mock up but I do like it better than the first.
papillon
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of papillon
I do not know the meaning of the words "mock up", is it just practicing?
If so, I would never put the booking information.
If the video is ment to bring you some shows, just take 15 minutes extra for the right make-up and clothing. otherwise it just seems a waste of time and money.
Also, why not look in the camera? if there's no audience, at least pretend there is somebody interested and watching you. I am sure david Copperfield got 50% of his bookings by just looking right into the camera at crucial moments.
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1353 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
I agree with the pap man on this one. Why post a video that does not show you at your very best?
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2205 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Agree with the others. Just don't see the point to all of this.
Its very hard rock music and a guy in sweatpants and a t-shirt.
The look and music don't match. Though the music does match the
fonts in the title sequence. 2 minutes seems to be the defacto
time for most online demos.
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Overlooking what's already been said about you looking like a slob and there being a lack of energy or interest in what you're doing :

No one cares about your tricks.

Your clip looks like someone who's spent a few hundred at the local magic shop, slapped it all together and is out there pretending to be a magician.

Show some personality, some skill, and show the client what's in it for them.
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
And I have to mention - your girl really has to practise the headtwister.
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
I don't like Anything, Sorry!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
ya4davecox
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
124 Posts

Profile of ya4davecox
The guy says in his opening post that he's just trying to get used to the editing software. It's a decent exercise.

Here's a very quick tip - think twice before putting your booking info in your video. It may change. More importantly, no booking agent can ever use it if your info is in it. They need clean versions that they can send out with THEIR info on them. Use a label, if you want your info on it.

Just two cents that cost me a LOT more to come by.
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
I can't comment on the quality of the video because the link is dead, but I think making a mock up is a fantastic idea. Had this fellow leaped straight into making a promo video, he wouldn't have the opportunity to correct the criticisms that have been posted here. Far too often we see videos posted that have clearly cost thousands to produce that are absolutely appalling. When dpe666 does go to make his video, he's got a list of stuff that didn't work in his rehearsal that he can amend. Nice work!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Mock up promo video (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL