We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Hyseria Virus (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
No, not the plotline from "Resident Evil 5", but a real story from the BBC...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8007895.stm
[
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Having lived with the Miskito, Steve, I found the article very interesting. They are an interesting people.

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1523 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Did you have any experiences with this "virus" Bill.

Great background for various effects. Thanks for the post.
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Quote:
On 2009-04-25 14:45, JAlenS wrote:

No, I was not so lucky! I lived with them back in the 1960s and in Honduras, not Nicaragua, so my experiences might not be typical of what one might find there and now.

The name of the affliction is interesting. I am not sure what "grisi" means (greasy?). "Siknis" is obviously from "sickness." The Miskito have a lot of English and English-derived words in their language, due largely to pirates and others who hid in "La Mosquitia," called in English, the "Mosquito Coast." Somewhere I have a Miskito-English dictionary (a bit religiously skewed as it was compiled by missionaries), and I will try to find the meaning of "grisi."

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1523 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Quote:
On 2009-04-26 11:21, Bill Ligon wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-04-25 14:45, JAlenS wrote:

No, I was not so lucky! I lived with them back in the 1960s and in Honduras, not Nicaragua, so my experiences might not be typical of what one might find there and now.

The name of the affliction is interesting. I am not sure what "grisi" means (greasy?). "Siknis" is obviously from "sickness." The Miskito have a lot of English and English-derived words in their language, due largely to pirates and others who hid in "La Mosquitia," called in English, the "Mosquito Coast." Somewhere I have a Miskito-English dictionary (a bit religiously skewed as it was compiled by missionaries), and I will try to find the meaning of "grisi."

Bill

Very nice information Bill. Thank you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Hyseria Virus (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL