The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » The Sound Commander (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Gary Shelton
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of Gary Shelton
Thanks Michael
Kent Messmer
View Profile
Veteran user
Montana
337 Posts

Profile of Kent Messmer
I love Sound Commander, but I too wish I could reach SCODY.

It is not as plug and play as some but it does things other can't.

If you can do some basic line editing and know how to run your paths to
make sure the program finds your music, it works great.

I've even put basic scripts on the screen for ques.

SCODY... where are you!!!! Please Come Back!!!

Kent
Bill Knight
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
318 Posts

Profile of Bill Knight
I sent scody an email months ago and, on 26th Jan 2011, he replied, telling me that sound commander is once again available for purchase. Just thought I should pass this on
Bill
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
www.magicbill.co.uk
miscoes
View Profile
New user
Allariz, Spain
94 Posts

Profile of miscoes
Quote:
Hi Guys,

is there a posibility that everybody who offers a sound system is kidnapped? I tried to reach SCODY (several times).....no response..... I tried to reach MISCOES (several times)..... no response.
Any ideas?

MISCOES not really kidnapped. Still alive.
Carlos Hampton
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of Carlos Hampton
http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/airclickusb

I recommend you guys to try miscoes system. It works well and he is honest guy.
Gary Shelton
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of Gary Shelton
Quote:
On 2011-02-03 15:41, Carlos Hampton wrote:
http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/airclickusb

I recommend you guys to try miscoes system. It works well and he is honest guy.

That link says this item is discontinued...
miscoes
View Profile
New user
Allariz, Spain
94 Posts

Profile of miscoes
Many thanks Carlos.

Yes, airclick is now discontinued but you can use any remote device able to simulate keypresses or no remote device if you have an assistant.

There are news in the software but it's still in testing. I'v just implemented some functions asked by some forum users and also improving DMX lights and effects control.

And, of course, if you can read spanish, pay a visit to http://www.damainquieta.com, the biggesta and best magicians forum in spanish language.
Tony S
View Profile
Special user
New York
581 Posts

Profile of Tony S
I purchased sound commander from Steve just two weeks ago. He and I exchanged several e-mails and he sent me the download information for his software....the transaction was very smooth.

I've used Sound Commander in several shows now and I have to say that it works very well. I don't know how I got along without it before!

Tony
We are all about as successful as we choose to be.

www.anthonysisti.com
Joshua Lozoff
View Profile
Inner circle
Chapel Hill, NC
1332 Posts

Profile of Joshua Lozoff
Where can this be purchased?
Joshua Lozoff

joshualozoff.com
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1176 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
I was wondering if anyone uses a smaller remote than the Honeywell PPZoom suggested?
miscoes
View Profile
New user
Allariz, Spain
94 Posts

Profile of miscoes
You can use Griffin Airclick. It's very small and have nice butons you are able to feel from outside your pocket.
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1126 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
Is Scody on here anymore???
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

www.FrankThurstonMagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Magic-of-Frank-Thurston/116625117910?ref=nf
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1176 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Just e-mail him directly. He answers very quickly.
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1596 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
I have 2 VSM's and a friend/tech/magic mentor...who has parts and the knowledge to repair them. When the time comes that they cannot be repaired...I'm going with the MP3 Tech. I hope that time doesn't come anytime soon. Smile
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1176 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
I too have been using a Virtual Soundman with a MiniDisk player for about 10 years. Recently the Minidisk broke and although I was able to find one on ebay, I figured it was time to look into a back-up system. Virtual Soundman died trying to adapt their product to the ever changing ipods so they were gone.

The obvious choice was the MP3Tech. I was disappointed however when I learned that it wasn’t a wireless system…it had to be plugged in. They did tell me about a battery pack that I could purchase elsewhere in order to make it wireless, but the web site they sent me to said it was no longer available. For me being wireless is VERY important. I was also a little disappointed at the cost. Technology has gone way down in price but this system seems to have gone up.

I then looked at the various remotes to control an ipod but for me the ability to fade out music is a must! None of the remotes I looked at gave me this ability.

I had read about the Sound Commander here at the Café and decided to give it a try. I picked up a Mini Dell computer with a 6 cell battery pack on ebay for less than $200 and the recommended remote for $50. The software itself was $100. So it was a total investment of $350.

Setting up the system is not a click and drag type of affair. You have to be able to edit text files, create directories and copy files. Nothing difficult but does require some knowledge. For me this wasn’t an issue and I had learned the software and set up one of my shows in less than a couple of hours. Setting up additional shows now takes me less than 10 minutes and I can alter them at the venue very easily.

The software works exactly as advertised. You can advance or go back in the track list, you can call up two random tracks at any time and you can fade out music. You can customize the words that appear on the screen for every track. When a track is playing the words are in green and when the song is merely cued up they are in red. The remote has been very reliable and I have not had any distance issues. My only slight complaint is that the remote is a little bigger than I would like and white.

So for me this is a very effective system at a very reasonable price.
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1596 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
Mike,

Thanks for a great review!! My only hang up is having to carry around a laptop. Both of my VSM's are the old (mini) kind and are compact. There is no bootup needed (as with a computer) and a hard drive cannot crash. If I didn't have such a great friend who could fix them for me...I might be more concerned and be searching. Like I said..I currently have 2 working (knock on wood) units that have both been repaired and modified numerous times and seem to work great for me. Upon further review of the MP3 tech...the "on the fly" process seems a little lengthly to me. Most of the time I just need to move a song or 2...not modify a whole new show.

When the time comes...maybe I'll give Sound Commander a try.

Thanks again Mike!!
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1176 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
You are most welcome!
John Martin
View Profile
Special user
993 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Mike,

Krylon (Reno Depot: Krylon Fusion for Plastic) sells paint for use on plastic. It might not be too hard to spray it black.

John
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1176 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Thanks John!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » The Sound Commander (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.31 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL