The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The Head Twister Illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2894 Posts

Profile of dpe666
This is not my presentation. We were just practicing the technique, but it came out very well, so I thought I would share it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFmTl4NwRdc Smile
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
The problem with this type of head twisters is that they miss some very important details, the box is to big and you don't have cover for the neck so you see what the head does inside the box!
You can add foam tubing on the sides of the inside box so it looks smaller.
Also you might put this box on a board which your assistant holds (with a hole cut out) or ad a strip of fabric or to the front of the outside box (like the one Kovari sells, see: http://www.waterfallstudios.co.uk/kovarimagic/sdex.htm , go to the comedy page) or add a wooden strip to the bottom of the inside box, this way you see the neck turning less which makes this illusion much better.
You assistant also needs to move her head a bit more forward which ads to the effect (especially with the improvements as mentioned above)
These important details make a big difference !
See Jonathan Pendragons DVD on the head twister - I highly recommened it !
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2894 Posts

Profile of dpe666
As a matter of fact we are building a "table" for the twister to sit on so she does not have to hold it. I will look into the padding you mentioned as well as the DVD. Thank you for your suggestions. Smile
dbmagic123
View Profile
Regular user
Evansville Indiana
198 Posts

Profile of dbmagic123
I thought it was good,, the table will hel you a lot as this is how we did it in the past.. I loved your music.. what was the name of it?..
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2894 Posts

Profile of dpe666
It is the theme from the movie "Beetlejuice". Can anyone give me the history of this effect? Smile
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
Joe Karson created it.
He described it first in his 1943 booklet, Illusion Magic, as “The Rubberneck Illusion.”
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2894 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Thank you. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The Head Twister Illusion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL