The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Chairs? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TOTALLY MAGIC
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas,NV
436 Posts

Profile of TOTALLY MAGIC
Hi,

Ive really been getting into mental magic and Im soo doing my first all mental show, and Im interrested in doing a chair rutine. Ive serched on the Café and I saw some topic on it but not reall what I'm looking for.

I have Banachecks castle notes which shows a rutine where you predict what chair will be left, I saw Hiro in south kore do it where you have paople have 4 cards with numbers and they are shuffled and randomally picked and then they sit at any chair and then your cble to tell what number they have, and then you prove that you knew that by showing them the bottom of the chair, I saw luke jermay do somthing semller but with colors, this is what I'm looking for

Can any of you guys help me?

Thanks,
Kyle
Wolfmindreader
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of Wolfmindreader
Kennedy has a great routine in his book "Thoughts so far"!
And Kennedy's material is just great...;-)
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2302 Posts

Profile of Chris K
My understanding (and please, please, please correct me if I am wrong anybody) is that Jermay's is a variation of a Kurtz effect.

In the end, I think it'd be much simpler to figure out EXACTLY what you want to do, then work backwards. This can be said of most chair predictions (and I collected them for a while).
Bryan Drake Show
View Profile
Regular user
Alabama
125 Posts

Profile of Bryan Drake Show
Supposedly David berglas has a nice one if you have some cash.
TOTALLY MAGIC
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas,NV
436 Posts

Profile of TOTALLY MAGIC
Quote:
On 2009-04-20 17:48, Lemniscate wrote:
My understanding (and please, please, please correct me if I am wrong anybody) is that Jermay's is a variation of a Kurtz effect.

In the end, I think it'd be much simpler to figure out EXACTLY what you want to do, then work backwards. This can be said of most chair predictions (and I collected them for a while).

I guess the effect I want to do is:
5 or 6 people come up on stage and you hand 1 persone cards with #'s or colors on them and they shuffle them and randomaly hand each person a card, you have them each sit them down in a chair and your able to tell them what color or number they have and then you prove that you would know that by folding the chairs up and showing a matching color or #.

Thanks for your help,
Kyle
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1523 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Marc Spelman - Chapters. Unbelievable chair routine.
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3993 Posts

Profile of parmenion
I agree with Lemniscate, the kind of chair test you are looking for is Gary Kurtz.

Dale, where do you hold this information ?
The Berglas routine is not to sell and besides it has nothing to do with colors.
The same for Kennedy routine or Spelmann.
It's fine to try to help but it's better if you read what people are looking for Smile
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
TOTALLY MAGIC
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas,NV
436 Posts

Profile of TOTALLY MAGIC
Thank for all your help, I think I found my answer.

kyle
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2235 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Michael Weber has an excellent and unusual version called Landing Pad.

ANd yes, the Kennedy chair routine is very good as well.
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2302 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Kyle, I'm putting some info together for you, will PM you a bit later.
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2014 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
Try using the methodology from Doug Dyment's "The Real Thing." It's not a chair routine, but it would fit your parameters well. It's another unsung secret. I prefer using it the way it is, without chairs, but if ya' wanna' use chairs, why not?

In "The Real Thing," participants mix large envelopes using a fair, random-looking mixing procedure (one that isn't too procedural). They've mixed them in exactly the order you need. It seems, inexplicably, they've been influenced. I closed with this last Friday. Love it.
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
Ugly Phil
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of Ugly Phil
I think there is one in the David Verglas book but I don't own it.
Richard Paddon
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
210 Posts

Profile of Richard Paddon
Sean Taylor's chair routine (The Throne Room)in his book Mindstorms is excellent. His book includes a performance DVD of the routine.

Richard
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Chairs? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL