The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » New Ambitous Card Routine Idea (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

danielhunley
View Profile
Regular user
Middle of No Where KY
168 Posts

Profile of danielhunley
Since we know that one of the key components in busking is noise. Its amazing what a little screaming and clapping can do to your audience size, and I think using ambitous card routine as an opener with this patter could help a whole lot.

Now, I need help from one person in the audience. . Now will you please select a card? Very good. Now since I am acussed of having more than one card in the deck, could you please sign your card? Thank you. We will put the card back in the deck. Oh no, you picked the ______. That is probably the shiest card in the deck. I was going to make it jump to the top, but it is going to be so hard. Ah! I know, how about we chear for it? It can’t be just applause, it has to be whistling, screaming and clapping. Now, maybe if we clap hard enough, he just might come to the top.
So lets go ahead and try. On the count of three. 1 2 3! Oh come on is that the best you can do? Look he didn’t even come to the top. Come on we have to get louder! Come on, 1 2.... 3! ( Pause a little to have maybe one or 2 people scream and you get a laugh) Great, see he did come back to the top. Lets try that again. This time we will cut the deck and put it back in the middle. Ok, lets do it again.... Come on 123! YA, great! Since we know that he can rise to the top face down, lets try to put him face up.... Ok? So come on, we need to scream, we need to hollar, we need to blow this place down, 1 2 3!!! And he did, he must not be so shy now.

I admit that this is really dry, and it really needs some humor, but I am terrible at writing down humor, so any help with little one liners would be apreciated. Good Idea?
Jack Of Hearts!
Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1280 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
Daniel,

Very good idea, you could use the effect raise rise and have the crowd see the card moving to the top... That way they see that they have to yell and clap louder to get it to go all the way to the top!

Keep up the good work.
Magically,
Mark

Success comes before work only in the dictionary. - Anonymous
danielhunley
View Profile
Regular user
Middle of No Where KY
168 Posts

Profile of danielhunley
May I ask exactly what the rase rise is?
Sorry I am unfimiliar with this effect.
Jack Of Hearts!
Cabrera
View Profile
Special user
Seattle
513 Posts

Profile of Cabrera
Might work for children, but adults may feel insulted cheering for a card.
"The quilt of life is woven with many different threads"
Mago Mai
View Profile
Elite user
Venezuela
485 Posts

Profile of Mago Mai
Daniel:

Very nice Idea.You might ask for 3 or 4 applausses,if they don't fell like clapping and screaming:smile:

Mago Mai
I invite all of you to share some of my magic on videos.Please, CLICK HERE
nelly
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of nelly
or an olay! or whatever they shout at bullfights
wassabi_87
View Profile
Loyal user
moscow, idaho
226 Posts

Profile of wassabi_87
Maybe you could ask this part of the audiance to screem, and then this side, get some competition going, for some comedy go to the thread on that, there is some great stuff
bike during the day,
do magic at night,
and very early the next morning,
homework.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » New Ambitous Card Routine Idea (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL