The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Darren Romeo's new reality show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lothar
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Lothar
He has a new show coming out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80zbymQNofE

Anybody know what channel it will be on?
Notice his assistant is billed as "Darren's Leading Lady". I once wrote a note to Darren. I got a response from Kristi saying "Thank you for thinking of us."

grumble grumble

Why do I get so jealous of this guy????????????
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20524 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Two of the nicest people you will ever run into, Darren and Kristi.

As far as I am concerned, the 8th effect is his voice. The man can sing incredibly.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Rich B.
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
632 Posts

Profile of Rich B.
I saw Darren in AC New Jersey. It was a great show and he does have a good voice...hence "The Voice Of Magic"

Rich B.
Lothar
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Lothar
I hear they are making a musical on Broadway about Houdini. Darren would be perfect for the lead, but I guess Hugh Jackman (is he going to be Houdini?) is a bigger name.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20524 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
If you get a chance to see his show, just go. Take the opportunity, it is a great experience.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2490 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Quote:
On 2009-04-21 21:14, Lothar wrote:
He has a new show coming out.

I've known Darren since he was one of my "Wizards" at Ceasers Magical Empire when he first got to Vegas and he's a great guy. This is a VERY well produced pilot, but not a show that's been bought by anyone. Hundreds of pilots are shot every year, some are commissioned by networks and fully funded. Some are "independently" produced which means that someone got a camera and shot and edited things into a "sample" show to try and sell the product for network or distribution.

It was shot and cut very well, music and graphics were top notch. There are TONS of similar shows being produced so it's a clever idea of doing a psychic phenomenon investigation show to promote yourself and your live show.

I'm not sure of the basic premise however, which is to dismiss phenomena that can be duplicated by magical means. This is the JREF notion and it gets press but the intrinsic problem is that duplication by natural means does not negate the original occurrence. I create the effect of the Aurora Borealis for a show using lasers, theatrical lighting and projection so have I "proved" that the Northern Nights don't occur?

It's sadly a myopic problem of magician's. Exposure of frauds is one thing, but to extend the concept to everything else imaginable has some inherent flaws.

If it gets picked up for broadcast, the producers can tweak the concept and develop a work around for it.
Ray Pierce
<BR>www.HollywoodAerialArts.com
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3202 Posts

Profile of gaddy
I was so bummed that Darren's theatrical show in San Francisco closed early, I really wanted to see it.

I hope this show is picked up and is a success for him.
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20524 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2009-04-22 15:14, gaddy wrote:
I was so bummed that Darren's theatrical show in San Francisco closed early, I really wanted to see it.

I hope this show is picked up and is a success for him.

When he was here in Branson we went to see the show all the time. FANTASTIC. Plus as I said they are great people.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17633 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I saw the show years ago in Tampa at the Theme Park there.
The logic of the program is a bit flawed.

Creating a believable hoax does not mean it is one.

Someone can steal your Identity but that does not prove that you don't exist Smile

I hope the show does well!!!!!!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Rich B.
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
632 Posts

Profile of Rich B.
Psychic Samuri...what are you talking about? How was the logic of the program flawed?

The show I saw was excellent. Can you elaborate.

Rich B.
akolodner
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of akolodner
I reminds me of Houdini searching for psychic phenomenon that he couldn't duplicate. The difference was though that Houdini exposed how the mediums were creating their manifestations and taking advantage of the public. After a while this TV show would become redundant because that's what magicians do -replicate mysterious phenomenon. If he can't fool them it doesn't prove the phenomenon was real only that his illusion wasn't that good. In this case he performed a great illusion. I don't know if that's enough to keep a series going-simply to seem if a magician can invent a great illusion to replicate phenomenon. If the eighth effect is real then its not an effect. This is a not test of the validity of the phenomenon just the skill of the magician. Can anyone see any other entertainment value? It's interesting to analyze.
Arnie Kolodner
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2490 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Quote:
On 2009-04-24 10:32, akolodner wrote:
In this case he performed a great illusion. I don't know if that's enough to keep a series going-simply to seem if a magician can invent a great illusion to replicate phenomenon. If the eighth effect is real then its not an effect. This is a not test of the validity of the phenomenon just the skill of the magician. Can anyone see any other entertainment value? It's interesting to analyze.

Exactly my point. I think we have to remember that the true purpose of the television show wouldn't be an exercise in dicovering or finding anything. It's a way of generating publicity and gaining a broader audience. The hook is just a way of selling it.

And Rich... I think Psychic Samurai was talking about the intrinsic flaw in the television pilot, not Darren's live show. I've heard the live show is great.
Ray Pierce
<BR>www.HollywoodAerialArts.com
Rich B.
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
632 Posts

Profile of Rich B.
Thanks WDI...I did in fact read Psychic Samurai's post incorrectly...my bad.

Rich B.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17633 Posts

Profile of Slim King
So we all agree Smile pretty much!
Amazing!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Darren Romeo's new reality show (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL