The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Carbon Paper vs Graphite, or other? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pduffie
View Profile
Veteran user
Scotland
340 Posts

Profile of pduffie
Hi

I am looking for an alternative to the traditional carbon paper. Something less messy to handle, and less likely to transfer residue of ink. Am I looking for Graphite Paper? Or is that a different thing?

Thank you

Peter
Alternative Magic
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1157 Posts

Profile of r1z08
I, personally, use and love graphite transfer paper. It's clean to work with and looks exactly like pencil. I also find that it picks up impressions easier than with carbon.

-rob
pduffie
View Profile
Veteran user
Scotland
340 Posts

Profile of pduffie
Thanks, Rob

Graphite sounds ideal for my purposes.

I have now also found other threads here. I missed them initially because of a typo in my search!

But any further advice here would be appreciated.

Peter
Alternative Magic
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1157 Posts

Profile of r1z08
I just PM'd you some info, Peter.

-rob
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1233 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
I tried out artists oil pastel - INSIDE - an envelope. The blank business card is placed inside and the envelope sealed. You then do a N*** W***** performace, but instead of the lead in the NW you have a stylus,

They open the envelope, the card is taken out and there it is.

I reckon there are lots of ways that artists oil pastel could be used, because you can limit where the workable area is and incorporate that into the design of the notebook, flyer - whatever.

Drew
pduffie
View Profile
Veteran user
Scotland
340 Posts

Profile of pduffie
Hi Drew

That sounds like a great idea. Thanks for sharing that.

Best Wishes

Peter
Alternative Magic
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Has a purple ribbon wraped around my
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
Would the graphite paper pick up an impression if the paper is sandwhiched between vinyl?

I've some vinyl clip boards, A4/A5 size and am also looking for an alternative to carbon. The c/paper I have apparently dried out....
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1157 Posts

Profile of r1z08
Reuben,
I've never used it under vinyl, but I know that if carbon was working for it, then it should be fine.

-rob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Carbon Paper vs Graphite, or other? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL