The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Brown Hornet clipboard (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Daktari
View Profile
Regular user
USA
154 Posts

Profile of Daktari
I am in the market for some new clipboards. I am thinking of purchasing John Rigg's "Brown Hornet's". Any comments, pro's, cons or other suggestions? Thanks!
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
It is a thing of beauty. Many of the working pros use several at a time and continue to buy them. John Riggs hand makes each one and does a beautiful job. You should also consider his Skeeters for small bits of information... things that would fit on a post-it note.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
brainman
View Profile
Special user
970 Posts

Profile of brainman
Very fine product!
P
hjelm
View Profile
Regular user
Sweden, Borlänge
112 Posts

Profile of hjelm
...and where can I find those clipboards?
jensen
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of jensen
Hjelm, you can find them at:
http://www.jonsaintgermain.com/Hornet.htm
Stuart Cumberland
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Stuart Cumberland
I'm biased, but anything with John's name on it is:

a) tested
b) well thought out and...
c) masterfully made.

Cheers.

FREE Newsletter for Mentalistswww.Mental-List.com
IanBrodie
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of IanBrodie
I have to throw in a plug for Compleatly Mental here - John's collected writings.

I had thought that his stuff was too readings/Q&A based for me - but I'm glad to admit to being wrong. There's a plethora of brilliant "effects based" mentalism too which would fit nicely with many styles of presentation. And some very humorous pieces & byplay as well. I'm really enjoying reading it never mind performing it.

Rgds,

Ian
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1961 Posts

Profile of Lior
John is one of the great thinkers of our time.
I know him very well and he is so honest with what he writes and what he sells.
All top rated stuff.
I wish I could buy his mind...

Lior Manor
1A all the way
Platinum member of the year Continental Airlines
The Lior Touch
https://1amagic.com/
PEA Dave Lederman Award 2009
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Life Time Achivmeant IUPA 2016
ESP Guy
View Profile
Regular user
Falls View, Vermont
137 Posts

Profile of ESP Guy
I bought one of the first ones... they're GREAT! And, John is a nice guy; not a 'monster' Smile right, Lior?

Thom
Dave_J
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Dave_J
Does anyone own the Black Mantis? The "developer" scares me a bit. Is it messy and is the writing clear?

Thanks for your input.

Dave
gibby357
View Profile
Veteran user
The Woodlands, TX
344 Posts

Profile of gibby357
I just bought the Brown Hornet from Denny and Lee's in Las Vegas. Very cool and comes in a professional pouch. The best clipboard I have seen (I have seen and dumped quite a few).

gibby Smile
ThorstenHappel
View Profile
Loyal user
Düsseldorf / New York, NY
203 Posts

Profile of ThorstenHappel
At a recent trade show in New York I was shown the "Brown Hornet" clipboard by a friend who performed at a booth. It is very, very innocent looking and a wonderful product. I am working on a new show right now and will definitely get one. Highest recommendation!
Thorsten
-----------------------------------------

"If this be magic, let it be an art ..."
-- William Shakespeare, The Winter's Tale, Act 5, Scene 3
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
I was asked by John to pass on a message requesting that the Brown Hornet not be discussed in a public forum like this.
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Great thing we all posess freedom of speech then!
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1600 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
I agree with Andy. This type of subject needs to be out of the public section. Mentalism secrets and discussion about devices need to be in the protected "Inner Thoughts" section.

Dr. Zodiac, freedom of speech is not absolute. Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes is the one who, in his Supreme Court majority decision, made the now famous statement that"...you can't yell fire in a crowded theater. But if you are in the open field, you can yell it all you want."

Andy (if I may presume, Andy) and I are saying that in our crowded theater of the public section, let's not yell so loud as to let the Hornet and its brother the Mantis out.

I know that Steve and the moderators are sensitive these things and I ask that the topic please be moved.

best regards,
Tony Razzano

Thanks.
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
Paradox
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of Paradox
Andy Leviss is quite correct. John Riggs, in a private forum, DID ask that anyone with access to the Café please ask those discussing his Brown Hornet and other similar devices to please not discuss them in a public forum like the Café.
I second Andy & Tony in asking you all to respect John's wishes . . .
John Smetana
View Profile
???? - 2009
499 Posts

Profile of John Smetana
Let me add my voice to those that strongly request that no further discussions about these devices take place on an open forum.
Most of you, I'm sure' will understand and comply.

best thoughts,
John Smetana
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1961 Posts

Profile of Lior
Yep,
Let's move it to the Inner Thoughts and you will get a better info about it (and it is very good).

Lior
The Lior Touch
https://1amagic.com/
PEA Dave Lederman Award 2009
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Life Time Achivmeant IUPA 2016
Sean-Paul
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of Sean-Paul
Hey all - I guess I am reviving this discussion from years ago.

I just got the brown hornet - and I LOVE IT - it is one of those item that when you use it and you see the kind of reaction it gets - it makes you excited about magic all over again.

Now, does anyone here know about Improved Perfect Clipboard Set by Guy Bavli? How does it compare to the brown hornet. I think I would like to have a variety of clipboards in my MENTAL BAG!

It is a Set? But I have read the description and don't really understand what the second board it for.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Please see the posts above for any kind of discussion on imps...

if you use google and some simple search terms you'll find what you need review wise...
I've asked to be banned
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Brown Hornet clipboard (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL