The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Fan2C by R. Paul Wilson (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
R. Paul Wilson’s “Fan2C” is to cards what Extreme Burn is to bills. This is fabulous and in my opinion one of the must have items of the year. Quite some time ago my friend Paul Wilson showed me his effect Zapped. It looked like a camera trick as a hand of five random cards instantly and visibly changed to a royal flush which he immediately handed to me. On this new DVD Paul teaches several new handlings that are just stunning. The DVD is produced by Dan and Dave Buck so you know the production is stupendous. Also included is a 40 page downloadable booklet detailing various handlings, etc. of “Fan2C”. This is REALLY good. If you do card magic you HAVE to have this. If you don’t do card magic you have to have this. It has been an exciting year with some amazing releases. “Fan2C” is, without a doubt, in this category and something I will be using. HIGHLY recommend!

Tim Trono
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
WOW. Very cool. And it's under $18?

http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/?product=11531

Imagine you're holding a lousy poker hand. The cards are spread at your fingertips. Now, in a subtle action of riffling the edges of the cards, they seem to magically morph into a royal flush. The cards are visible the whole time and can immediately be handed out for examination.

Perfect for:

* Magic
* Gambling Demos
* Poker Nights
* Showing Off
* Fun

Includes 20 minutes of expert instruction on DVD. 40-paged PDF.

Also included on the disc are digital video files in QuickTime format of Paul's performance and explanation of FAN2C. Load these on your iPod for an on-the-go learning experience.

Note: A gimmick is required for this effect. However, Paul goes into great detail on how to make this gimmick using common household materials. It is not difficult and can be put together in only few minutes. Once made, it can be used over and over again.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
I've been doing Fan2C for years. Ever since Paul released it as an ebook. I'm almost disspointed that this will be so easily accessible, because I enjoyed being the only one doing it. It's a great trick. I've been using the same gimmick the entire time, too. It's great. It's a great idea and extremely easy to do.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
I'm not so sure about this one, after Cheng's Change on TA, this one doesn't look so hot.
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
Haven't seen that one. I first saw Zapped on Shade and immediately loved it. That's why Fan2C caught my interest. Is there a video of Cheng's Change?
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
Garrett
View Profile
Loyal user
Missouri
258 Posts

Profile of Garrett
Quote:
On 2009-04-23 11:06, Jeff Corn wrote:
Haven't seen that one. I first saw Zapped on Shade and immediately loved it. That's why Fan2C caught my interest. Is there a video of Cheng's Change?

You can see it here:

http://vimeo.com/2557281
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gnXs9d8Cxc&feature=related

Perfectly practical, no cover, borrowed cards. Sha-zam.
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
I am obviously a huge fan of True Astonishments but I personally preferred Fan2C for my own use over Cheng's Change. Cheng is superb but I think Fan2C is more workable for most and the various changes Paul Wilson teaches on this are SUPERB.

Tim
rorythegreat
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of rorythegreat
I purchased this as a download on Dan and Dave's site. Is there anything added to the DVD? Or is it the same thing? Thanks,
Rory
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
I have not seen the download but I have been told there are additional handlings on the DVD not on the download and the downloadable instruction manual on the DVD is not part of the download. For the small investment for the DVD it is truly a bargain. It is really strong.

Tim
rorythegreat
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of rorythegreat
Thanks for the info! I'll have to look into it.

Rory
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Her's Paul performing FAN2C:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrOxqnNe52o

Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
"...these cards can be handed out for examination".

I prefer Fan2C over Cheng's Change because you end up less dirty after the change.

Best,
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
I have the Fan2C DVD and really like it. Simple and easy to make gimmick that will last you for a long time. The gimmick is small, practical and, with a modicum of care, can easily be carried and stored in your wallet. Lots of handling ideas thoroughly taught by Paul Wilson.

Paul Wilson also describes his Fan2C performance for Eugene Burger which, according to Paul, fooled Eugene badly.

Just all IMHO; your mileage may vary.
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2009-06-19 10:48, Turk wrote:
I have the Fan2C DVD and really like it. Simple and easy to make gimmick that will last you for a long time. The gimmick is small, practical and, with a modicum of care, can easily be carried and stored in your wallet. Lots of handling ideas thoroughly taught by Paul Wilson.

Paul Wilson also describes his Fan2C performance for Eugene Burger which, according to Paul, fooled Eugene badly.

Just all IMHO; your mileage may vary.

Thanks for your valued opinion. It helps everyone when you chime in on an effect!

APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
Thought I would chime in and agree with all the great words being said. I love Cheng's Change (albeit I can't actually do it yet), but being able to hand out the cards without losing any sense of a visual aspect is incredible. This is something I will definitely use!

Adam
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
My friend uses this as an intro to McDonalds aces. It really is a hard hitting piece of magic. I have seen him perform this dozens of times, and the effect is such a stunner (handing the cards to the spec to examine after the change), that clean up to the pocket is a breeze.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Fan2C by R. Paul Wilson (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL