The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Taking the Edge off of English Pennies (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dan Magyari
View Profile
Regular user
San Francisco, CA
173 Posts

Profile of Dan Magyari
I've been working on several routines with English pennies over the years and some of my pennies have hit the streets, so to speak. Does anyone have any suggestions for smoothing out the rough edges that have developed on some of the pennies (without destroying the patina). Any and all thoughts would be much appreciated.

Best.
Dan Magyari
Everything you do -- everything -- has your signature on it. Regardless of whether you intend it that way or not. And that's how people perceive you.-George Ledo
Dan Magyari
View Profile
Regular user
San Francisco, CA
173 Posts

Profile of Dan Magyari
O.K.? Either someone is crafting a very careful essay on restoring English pennies or I've stumped the panel.

Let me change the question. How would you make scuffed, chipped and dented English pennies soft?

Best.
Dan Magyari
Everything you do -- everything -- has your signature on it. Regardless of whether you intend it that way or not. And that's how people perceive you.-George Ledo
thimblerig
View Profile
Loyal user
Bellevue, WA
273 Posts

Profile of thimblerig
Dan,
Would try jeweler's rouge or perhaps emery cloth. Could also take them to a jeweler and ask the jeweler to buff them out for you. The aged patina will come back with use after they are buffed up...

Just a thought.
tr
Dan Magyari
View Profile
Regular user
San Francisco, CA
173 Posts

Profile of Dan Magyari
Thanks TR, I'll give that a try.

Dan Magyari
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Taking the Edge off of English Pennies (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL