The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Why s****h left handed? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tangle
View Profile
New user
australia
80 Posts

Profile of tangle
Hey, sorry if this has another thread somewhere( I did search!),
but why do most people do the annemann s****h left handed?
is it because for us righties its more natural to hold a pen or something for misdirection in the right?
and/or because the left seems less significant to a spec?
thanks.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
2926 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Hi Tangle,

When I execute the Annemann Sxxxxx, I tend to use my left hand.

There are a fair number of logistical reasons that can be given, but the truth is that I just find performing the move a little easier with my left hand.

It’s a bit odd, because I am a righty. Over the years, I have spoken to a fair number of other right-handed folks, who reported the same experience with the Annemann Sxxxxx. Strange.

That said, if you find the move easier with your dominant hand, there should not be any problem.

Usually, the actions used to cover or misdirect are so insignificant, that I doubt doing them with your off hand would raise questions.

Of course, there are some exceptions. For instance you mentioned holding a pen.

If I sxxxxxed with my left hand, as I picked up a pen with the right hand, I would be in good position to write my initials on the billet. Conversely, it would be cumbersome and odd looking, if I tried writing with my left hand.

Still, 99% of the time you should be OK.

Elliott
tangle
View Profile
New user
australia
80 Posts

Profile of tangle
Thanks Elliot.
I do practice both sides, but my right is by far the best so far.
I think it will help my naturalness if I'm able to use either.
Bryan Drake Show
View Profile
Regular user
Alabama
125 Posts

Profile of Bryan Drake Show
As long as it's natural what's it matter what hand right? That's like asking if a double lift should be executed a certain way. As long as it looks good who cares right?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Why s****h left handed? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL