The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Seeking advice on Best Coin dropper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
I am seeking to purchase a coin-type dropper of high quality, to incorporate into my Miser's dream routine. Ideally, I believe I would prefer a dropper that would drop 4-6 Neilsen type coins quietly (if that's possible!) into my palm, in one smooth shot.

Please advise on the type of dropper(s) that might best suit my needs. Provide dealer links that show photo(s) of these items, if possible.

Many thanks.

Jonathan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4674 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Bertini's Babel dropper loads coins right into curl palm. I don't know if it can hold coin sizes other than half dollars, but it works really well!
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
acuster
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of acuster
I've been doing some searches for where to purchase the Babel Dropper, but until now have been unable to find it. Mr. Bertini appears to have TWO websites: giacomobertini.com AND giacomobertini.net. The dropper is found on the .net site. Presumably he has them in stock, etc. (the paypal link appears to work).

Given Mr. Rubenstein's endorsement, I'll be picking one up sometime soon!

Hope this helps others who are looking for the Babel Dropper.

Andy
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Babel droppers seem to sell for $40 plus shipping, while the Viking Droppers seem to do the job I need, as a fraction of the cost.

However, if I were doing close-up coin work, I beleive I would want to spend the extra money to purhcase the Babel model.

Can anyone explain the advantages and the finer points of this dropper over the others on the market?

I simply need to drop a load of coins into my hand during misers dream routine with loud music playing in the background and lots of natural bodsy-movement and mis-direction going on during steal.

Many thanks.

Jonathan

Jonathan
Jonathan
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
You could use the gimmicks that come with Mikame's Miser's Dream Granted, which can be either mounted inside a coin pail or pinned under the edge of your coat. They're not droppers but holders. They hold around 10 palming coins (20 coins are included), which are very easy to retrieve.

Cheers,
Jerry
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
The gimmick is fantastic. I only use it for part of my routine and then I palm it out using a technique I learned from john carney's video and book of Secrets.

Then continue on with the routine sans gimmick.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Thanks guys. I ended up purchasing the Viking coin dropper (the model that is discontinued).
http://www.vikingmagic.com/?nd=full&key=610

I believe this will serve my initial needs.
Jonathan
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Noobini
I recently received my Babel dropper. I wasn't exactly floored by it. It is made from plastic and seems very light to me. I cannot really see how this thing would successfully and silently dispense of it's coins into curl palm. But apparently it does for other people.

I put it away in anger to be honest. Can't quite see the logic in the DVD explanation. And the video has a guy in a black shirt, black jacket and black trousers hold a black plastic object in front of his body. And apparently they didn't think that needed a closeup. Smile

But I'm sure it's just me who don't have the patience for it as I've never heard anything but praise for the product.
"Talk about melodrama... and being born in the wrong part of the world." (Raf Robert)
"You, my friend, have a lot to learn." (S. Youell)
"Nonsensical Raving of a lunatic mind..." (Larry)
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
The Norm Nielsen one is flatter, does the same thing and is available.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

This is an aside but does anyone know of something like a coin dispenser? Something that will let you slide out a single coin?

I'm thinking that something like the back of the Real Man's Coin Wallet would do, but fastened somewhere like at the back of my belt. There are also these small plastic boxes that hold guitar picks, always having one at the ready. But those are too small for Half Dollars.
"Talk about melodrama... and being born in the wrong part of the world." (Raf Robert)
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
The Mikame Miser's Dream Gimmick is something to consider.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
The Kellar Coin Catcher lets you produce a single coin at a time; click HERE for more info.

This gimmick was originally designed for Harry Kellar, who apparently couldn't do a Finger Palm because of big windows between his fingers. It's made to be used in the producing hand, but could also be used in the pail as a dropper, which is what Downs apparently used it for on occasion.

But in my opinion, it seems like someone went to a lot of trouble to accomplish mechanically what is actually very easy to accomplish manually. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Interesting devices both. Probably not exactly what I'm looking for, but interesting for the "misers" out there for whom this thread is originally intended. Smile The Mikame gimmick I have heard of before. Seems like a quality item.

As for windows, I have the world's largest ones and know how they can ruin a lot of very basic things.
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Noobini said:"...As for windows, I have the world's largest ones and know how they can ruin a lot of very basic things"

That's why many seem to prefer MAC Smile
Jonathan
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Well I have got my bucket and coins, I am not good at dropping coins in bucket seem to drop 2 instead of 1, I do have norm nielsons palming coins, I do wear a jacket, please help find best coin dropper for kids shows, thanks, pm me please.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On 2009-04-28 14:05, The Amazing Noobini wrote:
This is an aside but does anyone know of something like a coin dispenser? Something that will let you slide out a single coin?

I'm thinking that something like the back of the Real Man's Coin Wallet would do, but fastened somewhere like at the back of my belt. There are also these small plastic boxes that hold guitar picks, always having one at the ready. But those are too small for Half Dollars.

I made my own that work quite well. Take a 3" piece of 1/2" bias tape in the desired color (adjust length with experimentation. Glue a small, flat magnet into each end making sure the polarity is right when the gimmick is folded over. If strong enough the "pinch" is strong enought to hold a single coin pinned under the vest edge, or under the belt. It will release the coin silently on demand. I also use one in my pocket for switches.

I got 100 such magnets for $5.00 1/4X3/8X1/16 as strong as I could find and make these up for friends. Works with half-dollars, English Pennies and gold dollars/quarters -- have't tried anything larger, but could double up magnets.

There are called Ken's Katch. PM if you have a problem or need magnets.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Funsway, that is a VERY clever idea! Thanks! I suppose there has to be magnets around here somewhere. On my refrigerator there are some to start. I should be able to put together something.

Now I remember participating in another discussion about magnets and coin holdouts a while ago. I wonder what that was about. Wish I could remember things.
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Reciedved my Viking coin dropper today from a fellow Café member.

I am very pleased with this purchase.

Drops easily with a slight pressure fomr the heel of my hand.

Jonathan
Jonathan
Ocha
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Ocha
The Amazing Noobini,
Check out this dropper I found on ebay, I haven't bought one, but the price seems great and it seems to do what you were looking for... They seem to sell two sizes, Quarter and Half Dollar, in the ad for the ouarter one (which looks exactly like the Half Dollar one) it says it can drop the coins one at a time.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Coin-Slide-Dropper-H......20.l1116

Hope this helps,

Ocha
I was Me but now He is gone.......
Bill Lhotta
View Profile
Veteran user
on top of a 14000' mountain in Colorado
357 Posts

Profile of Bill Lhotta
Quote:
On 2009-04-23 20:22, Michael Rubinstein wrote:
Bertini's Babel dropper loads coins right into curl palm. I don't know if it can hold coin sizes other than half dollars, but it works really well!

I second the Babel dropper, it's incredibly silent and easy to use. It will hold 4 half dollars, 7 palming coins and it will even hold 3 dollar size coins!

Cheers!

** Bill **
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Seeking advice on Best Coin dropper (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL