The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » 26 by caleb wiles (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1768 Posts

Profile of Daren
This routine is along the same lines as total coincidence by Tamariz and I love it, but are there any other subtleties for the last phase of the routine, sometimes I have had spectators ask me to show the cards at the end, if you know this routine you will know what I mean here
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1120 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Hi Daren,

Yes I kow what you mean, and that's the weak point about the routine. Everything up to that point is just brilliant. You can also try Oz Pearlmans "Perfection", Of course he ends in the same situation, but here it goes more unnoticable to the spectators, since the spectator is handling one "half" of the deck and the magician the other half.

Actually I added more cards to the deck in "26" so that I had more than 52. That way you can show more identical pairs before arriving at the "problem".

I agree a casual spread in the end, doesn't always refrain the curious and sceptical for asking to see the rest. Maybe I haven't performed this routine enough to make it fly by unnoticed.

Best regards

Jan
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1130 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
Hey guys,

I'm glad you're playing around with "26!". Believe me, I was nervous about the final show the first times I tried it, but I'm telling you it flies. I just lectured at the TFD convention in Oklahoma City and fried a room full of the most hardcore card guys around. About 40 members of the much respected http://www.TheSecondDeal.com forum were reeled in by the routine.

The key is conviction and timing. You have to believe what you're telling the audience and you have to communicate that through your body language. Your inner script is that you want to speed up the end of the effect. This combined with the fact that you've already shown most of the cards and that you are running out of table space makes this last dodge a natural action in context. If you're still unsure, you can leave more than one cover card at the face of the packets of the final spread. This will buy you a little more security if you feel it necessary. Also, don't forget that all of the evidence is gone the moment you gather the deck.

Caleb
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
bigEZ
View Profile
New user
new orleans
8 Posts

Profile of bigEZ
It fooled me..thats b/c I totally believe Caleb up to that point. Good character guy. Who would of known? Now I know what kind of swindler he is..Smile By the way, I had a blast with you guys at TFD. Your stuff is great Caleb.

Phi
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4637 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Hey,

Daren,

I know I promised to send you some info, and I haven't forgotten. Unfortunately as soon as my school finished (I graduated 2 days ago!) my mother was hospitalized and underwent a very extreme surgery. She is recovering well though, so I will be contacting you fairly soon with my thoughts (whatever that's worth!).

For the record- I do this at LEAST once a week, for different groups, and have never had a problem- it is currently my go to method.

Ben
If you're reading this you're my favorite magician.
AmazAndy
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of AmazAndy
Love 26! The finish is fine if you matter of factley spread the two remaining packets toward you and fairly quickly go to the top and bring them all together in a clump/pile. By then the impact/magnitude of having so many other matches doesn't give them a second thought. If timing is good on reveals this can be dynamite...clever effect Caleb!
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1040 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
This is a great effect. I have never had a problem with the display at the end.
Lakewood, Ohio
Denis Behr
View Profile
Special user
Germany
677 Posts

Profile of Denis Behr
The basic method is indeed clever and Pit Hartling's. Pit performed the routine (without explanation) on the video "The Litte Green Lecture" (1998).

Pit updated the handling several times (the recent one can be seen on his "Fool Us!" appearance), but did not publish the routine yet. Others did publish versions, though, like Caleb Wiles's "26!" (a one-deck version of Pit's routine, which should have given more credit to its unpublished inspiration), and Will Houstoun's "Order and Chaos".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » 26 by caleb wiles (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL